• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

JD 555G Warning Lights

Joe Nowak

I fairly recently bought an 89 JD 555g crawler loader. I have a couple general questions I hope someone can help me with. The dashboard warning light panel is all scratched off so I can't see what each warning light means. Like oil pressure, temp etc. I can see there is a red stop sign light, then a diamond shaped light, and under those are 6 smaller lights. The words on all lights except the stop sign are scratched off. I'm thinking that info might come in handy someday! Can someone tell me what words should be on those lights and the meaning of all the lights? Thanks for that info. Also, is there a specific type, weight and brand of hydraulic fluid, engine oil, transmission oil I should use in this crawler? Thanks guys.