• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

JD 5100M Sensor Supply 2

JJC_Mech

Hello, I am wondering if anyone has a wiring diagram and possibly the troubleshooting steps for a fault code we have on our 2015 John Deere 5100M. The serial number on this tractor is 1LV5100MAFJ741160. I have a fault with the SPN of 3510 and the FMI of 4 for Sensor Supply 2 voltage below lower limit. We have all the manuals for this tractor but do not have the CTM120119 manual for the 4045 engine and the manuals that we do have do not show the Sensor Supply 2 circuit. If there is any way I would be able to get some information on this I would appreciate it.

ozarkag

MG will likely be along with the deere info. . .
Trying to remember if that is one of the codes we have seen on a failed ecm. That would kinda be worst case, and definitely require dealer service.

JJC_Mech

If that is the case, its not too big of a deal, we have the tooling here to pull and flash ECM data so we could likely take care of it. If we can't do it we would either have to get someone out to us or see if they could bench program it for us. The machine still works fine, live data shows nothing out of the ordinary, and everything works as advertised. The only other relatively recent DTC in the ECM is for the fan speed being slightly low. I'm not completely familiar with this tractor as we only got it two months ago, but it look like it has a variable speed fan with a controller. My original suspicion was that there may be a short to ground in the fan controller that is causing the Sensor Supply code, but I am unsure if that circuit is involved with the fan or not. Could be a completely different issue, but the fan code is inactive and has been for some time, although with multiple counts. I also wasn't sure if the fan was on the data link, I've seen variable speed data link controllers do some rather interesting (in a bad way) things on the MX-13 water pumps and the X15 engine fans.

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
Sorry, just saw this.

For the level 34 controller, the Sensor supply voltage #2 supplies the crankcase pressure sensor only. I bet you have a bad sensor. They like to fail. Just had that code 2 days ago and that was the issue.

JJC_Mech

Thank you! I haven't gotten back to the tractor to unplug that sensor and check the voltage yet, but I did get one coming to me. When I do get back out to it, we will go from there. Thanks again!