• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

JD 450h misfire

Dirty530

I have a john deere 450h that has a fuel related misfire , ecu 1076.0 code of the dash. blocking the return line partially or fully stops the problem for a moment then it ethier dies or begins to misfire again, then injectors have been replaced tank drained and inspected fuel lines gone threw and then gone threw again, ecu inspected pins look fine, the plug for the solenoid test at 4.2 volts when it's off and climbs with the machine when it's running and throttled up until the misfire starts then bounces with rpms when the misfire begins (usually around 1300 rpms ) is my injection pump done? I've already foolishly bought injectors already and I'm a little gun shy n burning another thousand on a shot in the dark

Tones

Occupation
Ex land clearing contractor, part-time retired
Run the engine then gently wriggle the wires on the crankangle sensor. It's near the crank shaft pulley on the same side as the injection pump. I had a wire break inside the sensor, got a JD tech out, no codes, engine ran great until he moved those wires then it misfired even backfired.

Dirty530

I'm sure I have wiggled those... but I'll give e it another shot... I've toyed with all the plugs in that side of the engine it seems like but I'll give it another go

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
ecu 1076.0 code

That is for Pump Control Valve Closure Too Long. You will love the troubleshooting procedure for this one:eek:.
Step 1 - check connections
Step 2 - Substitute a known good ECU
Step 3 - If problem is not resolved replace the injection pump.

With that being said a good tech with Service Advisor could pull up some readings and determine if it is an injection pump or not. I have had many misfire complaints and and it has been about 70% injection pumps, 20% ECU's and the rest of them wiring issues.

Run the engine then gently wriggle the wires on the crankangle sensor.

The software on that engine does not support crank sensor codes. Yes, the engine can misfire with a bad sensor or a loose tone wheel. If the sensor is completely shot the engine won't run since it wouldn't know crank position.

Dirty530

Step 1 - check connections
Step 2 - Substitute a known good ECU
Step 3 - If problem is not resolved replace the injection pump.
Thanks.. I'm already past Step 1 for certain... on to 2, quick question dose it need to be a dozer ecu? I can think of 3 JD backhoes with the same pump I can use one off of for a quick test, 1 I could use until a replacement shows but will they work? Step 3 doesn't seem as scary if I know for sure.. after going down and taking a gamble I lost with the injectors.

Just incase.. what would be a good recommendation for a place to buy a pump if I do have to go that route and what should I expect to pay the web searching I have done so far seems to have these pumps all over the place anywhere from 900-2300.

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
quick question dose it need to be a dozer ecu? I can think of 3 JD backhoes with the same pump I can use one off of for a quick test

Yes, with the DE10 fuel system you could try an ECU from a B/H for a quick test to see if your misfire goes away, but I would not work the dozer with the backhoe ECU due to the HP differences (B/H is much higher). They are not even close so I would not want to risk damage to the dozer.

what would be a good recommendation for a place to buy a pump

As far as purchasing I would defer to the pumpguy's opinion. I only install Deere reman's.

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
Yeah, all the pumps supersede to just 2 #’s.. at best recollection..
U can just do a search for Authorized Stanadyne Dealers near me..
I think the Deere remans come w a 2 yr warranty.?? & most fuel shops have a 1 yr warranty..