• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

JD 444j (or similar JD) button pad.....

jc8

Hello,

I've looked hi and low for info on the touch button pad on the 444J. I'm thinking of buying one that is far away and wondering what each button represents? (some are obvious like lights, but others I can't even guess what it might do~!!!!)

Thanks for any help!
JC

Chisumtrail

Occupation
Parts changer
You are going to buy a loader or the switches? Don't have a book at home but it is all the functions you would expect, lights, wipers, ride control, bucket disconnect, return to dig on and off, hydraulic lockout. With all those buttons there is only 4 wires going to it and the computer controls the functions.

jc8

Buying the loader....wondering what the buttons do? If someone had the manual that would be great!!!!

It's the easiest way to figure out what options it has/doesn't have.

cutting edge

Buying the loader....wondering what the buttons do? If someone had the manual that would be great!!!!

It's the easiest way to figure out what options it has/doesn't have.

Not true. the SSM is the same for all machines,but some functions, like spin control,may not be available or enabled on the unit.

jc8

ok.....can anyone scan their manual on the page where it explains what each button does?
I can't make it to the JD dealer before they close due to work so I only have this forum to help me out.

Thanks!