• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

JD 4045 HF 285 series

Tones

Occupation
Ex land clearing contractor, part-time retired
On this engine the fuel rail pressure sensor has failed.
The questions are,

does the ECU need to be reset after a new sensor is fitted?
Can the engine run properly with any codes after the new sensor is fitted?

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
does the ECU need to be reset after a new sensor is fitted?

No.

Can the engine run properly with any codes after the new sensor is fitted?

Depends on the emission level and the code. For just a rail sensor code on any emission level Deere engine you can just replace the sensor and run the engine without issues.

Tones

Occupation
No.

Depends on the emission level and the code. For just a rail sensor code on any emission level Deere engine you can just replace the sensor and run the engine without issues.
It's teir 3.

treemuncher

Occupation
eatin' trees, poopin' chips
4045 HF285 2012 - a few months ago, I had to pull a used engine that was not running correctly. Fresh rebuild from the evidence. They had the fuel injection pump timing off by one tooth.

I scored a brand new fuel injection pump with pump mounted sensors from Ebay for about $400. 4 new injectors at $220 ea, all new sensors for the rail pressures, relief valves, etc. All of these parts were sourced from Ebay at big discounts. I changed out everything while the engine was out and I could access the parts.

After the engine was re-installed, runs perfect with no problems. Never had any computers hooked up to reset injectors or anything else. This is also a Tier 3 engine with no EGR but it does have a particulate exhaust filter with European DEF system (Satacen 3 Fluid).

From what my JD dealer told me, the computer will fine tune the injectors to meet emissions with the injector tuning code programmed in. Without the code, the engine will run fine but may or may not meet emissions standards if the injectors are changed out or swapped in cylinder locations.

Tones

Occupation
Thanks for the replies. I will run it by the owner tomorrow