• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

JD 35D problem, could use help.

Southern Man

Occupation
basically retired but work every day,
I have 35D, open station just rolled over 700hrs on the clock. its 5 or so years old.

Last week we had a big rain followed by cool overcast weather. I got on and started it up and the monitor was a little fogged up with moisture. Never had this happen before.

Everything worked fine at first, after a few minutes the travel started actin up a bit. was walking slower than normal and when you would work any function it would speed up. (opposite than normal)

Then the 3rd function stopped working and the travel started working normal.

A few days passed and before the monitor was cleared up all together the 3rd valve started working again.

Now today the 3rd function only works in one direction, I have an auger on it right now and it will dig but wort back up.

Then it started backing up but slowly,

Then it quit alltogether,

Now it works again in both directions but makes a little noise in reverse.

Any and all thoughts and input greatly welcomed!

Thanks in advance to anyone whom can help.

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
The auxiliary lever on that machine (right joystick) is also the computer for the auxiliary control. Other than the fuse, two solenoids and the control valve spool that is the whole system. Sounds like a moisture issue??

Attachments

• 35D Auxiliary Function Control Harness (W19) Component Location.pdf
    591.2 KB · Views: 6

Southern Man

Occupation
basically retired but work every day,
Where are the solenoids located and is there anything in the monitor that controls the third function?

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
On the bottom of the ROPS/Cab floor I believe. That requires cab tilting (see attachment). No the monitor does not have anything to do with auxiliary function (again, see attachment).

Attachments

• 35D Tilting the Operator Station.pdf
    146.2 KB · Views: 15
  • 35D Auxiliary Function Control Lever Circuit Theory of Operation.pdf
    144.9 KB · Views: 6
  • 35D Monitor Controller Circuit Theory of Operation.pdf
    168.1 KB · Views: 4