• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

JD 319D Aux hyd codes

Sunnybuck

Hello i just bought a JD 319d and it has some codes and i am trying to troubleshoot the issues. The first one is 523693.04 channel 1 input out of range low. The second is 523694.12 is channel 2 input device fault. Has anyone had these before?
Pin: 1T0319DJJCG225998

Last edited:

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
Welcome to HEF Sunny;)!

Both codes are for the auxiliary roller switch. Serial indicates it is an EH machine. This is an EH machine correct? If you clear the codes do they come back? To clear them press and hold the menu button until service menu appears in the screen. Scroll to codes and select. One of your choices will be to clear the codes. Then cycle the key. Run it and report what comes back.

Sunnybuck

Thank you, yes this is an EH machine. I have cleared the codes and yes they come back.

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
You will need to check that the roller switch has a good 5V reference to it and a good ground. Then the H20 green wire has to be good from the roller switch to the monitor (for channel 1) and the H21 green wire for channel 2. If the switch has a good power and ground and the wires are good between the switch and the monitor with no opens or shorts to ground then you will need a handle....$600....:eek:

Sunnybuck

Where do i check for the 5 volts, at the plug at the joystick or another connector? Also is H20 and H21 identified at a connector?

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
at the plug at the joystick

Yes, the 4 pin connector at the lever. With your meter's black to a good ground, preferably the battery negative, back probe the red wire with a tee pin and measure the voltage with the key on. Should be approximately 5 volts. Measure the black wire next. Should be less than 0.1 volts. The H20-21 wires are labeled. Those you will check with the key off, connector at the lever disconnected and the monitor 12 pin connector disconnected. Make sure the wire has continuity from one end to the other and no continuity to ground or any other wire in the 12 pin monitor connector.

Sunnybuck

Tried to take the plastic cover off the joystick. I was able to get the two screws out but cover would not move. How do i get it off to get to the connector?

Sunnybuck

Also on the screen i can see when i move the roller switch from 5v, nutral is 2.5 and the other way goes to 0.

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
Tried to take the plastic cover off the joystick. I was able to get the two screws out but cover would not move. How do i get it off to get to the connector?

You have to partially raise the cab to access bolts on the outside of the ROPS frame.

Also on the screen i can see when i move the roller switch from 5v, nutral is 2.5 and the other way goes to 0.

The codes nomenclature states that the channel 2 input does not compare proportionally to the channel 1 input. What that means is for every tenth up on one channel the opposite channel should go down a tenth at the same time. The code sets if they don't match. Most likely you need a handle.