• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

JD 310D inverter oil change

Southbus

Hi Folks
Today I tried to change the oil in the backhoe inverter, remove the cap and about 4 liters were drained and according to the manual the capacity is 7 liters, so I tried to put 7 liters thinking that it was missing but it was filled before putting the 7 liters And then when starting the engine more oil spilled and it looked a little dirtier.
So I suppose there was indeed a lot of oil left inside, perhaps in the torque converter and for this reason the system was saturated.
Is there a way to drain all the oil from this system?
or maybe a technique to remove as much fluid as possible.

I appreciate your advice.
Cesar

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
Inverter? I assume you mean the transmission and torque converter. There should be a rubber plug on the bottom of the torque converter housing. You might have to rotate the engine to find it but there should be a 1/8 inch pipe plug in the torque converter to drain it.