• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

JD 310A how do you remove the pickup pump in tranny

comet424

8 lines? Probably JIC flare I would think.

Gotta start with the transmission pump, get the inlet pressure correct for the hydraulic pump, then see what you get from the hydraulic pump. The pressure control valve I *think* controls pressure to both the loader and the backhoe, both are connected to it. I don't have the technical manual and it's been almost thirty years so.... Probably wouldn't hurt to make sure there's nothing broken or stuck in the pressure control valve.

ah 30 yrs ya old eh and you still have this engine?
as for working with the transmission pump how do i do that? or would i test that at the hydrauclic pump as i dont think there is a screw to set the transmission pumps pressure.... as for the hydraulic pump do you set the pressure with that top nut or the funny looking cap on the the side?

as for the 8 lines yes... 4 on each side ... 2 for the bucket 2 for the lift on each side

comet424

im guessing from the picture of the control valve i only need to remove the 19 that side of the assembly right as the other end is just a plug and a pipe and not sure where those 2 O rings go that are by themselves there

comet424

oh i didnt buy no JIC caps i bought the NPT ones whats the difference? also found that the black pipe caps 1/2" from home depot fit on the hoses too

comet424

ok so i having problems on the pressure control valve

i removed the plug and it has a o ring but no washer so i not sure how well that picture is acurate
i removed the spring

but i cant remove the washer and orfice to pull the valve out what trick is it to get that out?

comet424

putting a scriber in there doesnt help to pull it out... from what i can see with a mirror there is no orfice in the spot it says but the valve itself as i can slide it back and forth but with the mirror it kinda looks like a ring or something after the threading that doesnt the valve to slide out.... i cant feel for a hole in the valve so the scribber can lock into and pull the valve out and i guessing the Orifice is after the valve and not like the picture shows