• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

JD 190E Excavator Idle Down

Cat 236

Occupation
Excavating Company
Would someone out there help me with this problem. My 190E on start up in the morning idles nicely like it should but once I kick it up by pressing one of the speed buttons it refuses to go back to idle all day long. I have been using it this way for several years and it is ok I guess but it would be nice if it would idle down. Thanks, Cat 236 Alaska

kuriwao

Under you control sticks are four ppc valves if they are not set right Ie not enough clearance your motor will not go down to auto idle
I replaced all these valves a wile ago and found my Hitachi ex 120-2 would not go down to a idle when the sticks were left
so I reajusted them with a bit more clearence and she was good to go again