• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Jcb telehandler axle transducer

Irish in oz

Occupation
fitter
We have a jcb 540 170 telehandler and i am just looking for some information about the safe load monitor. Particullarly the sensor mounted on the back axle i think they are the same on jlg"s and i know they have to be mounted properly and torqued down. I think they are called a transducer but what do they actually measure?

Pretty much spot on. They are in essence a pressure sensor which is pre-loaded. They work in reverse to a regular pressure transducer. Being on the back axle, as load is applied to the front, the back becomes lighter and the load on the transducer reduces which is reflected on the stability indicator. The lighter the back becomes the more unstable the machine is.