• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

JCB ServiceMaster

PeteG

Occupation
Farmer
Recently got JCB servicemaster 4 and am trying to connect to our machines. I’ve read that using a genuine Cat comm 3 and cat adapter 507-1011 to get to the j1939 protocol would work, but I can’t seem to get it to connect. I’ve tried switching drivers for the program and wanted to know if anyone has done this before? The JCB interface is around $2000 for a genuine one, so trying to make this work if it’s at all possible. Currently have Deere edl, CNH DPA5 and the Cat comm 3, of which the cat seemed to be the best shot of connecting from what I’ve seen, but wanted to ask here first as I know there’s a lot of experience. Thanks!

tool_king

Occupation
road mechanic owner
Recently got JCB servicemaster 4 and am trying to connect to our machines. I’ve read that using a genuine Cat comm 3 and cat adapter 507-1011 to get to the j1939 protocol would work, but I can’t seem to get it to connect. I’ve tried switching drivers for the program and wanted to know if anyone has done this before? The JCB interface is around $2000 for a genuine one, so trying to make this work if it’s at all possible. Currently have Deere edl, CNH DPA5 and the Cat comm 3, of which the cat seemed to be the best shot of connecting from what I’ve seen, but wanted to ask here first as I know there’s a lot of experience. Thanks!
You need to switch it the other tab at the top . Click on it .Than choose DLA .Then the dla you want to use . Where are you located here in Jersey ?

PeteG

Occupation
Farmer
Do you mean in the rp1210 window? I tried DLA and 2.0 and couldn’t get a connection. I can take a screenshot if it would help. I’m in central NJ

tool_king

Occupation
road mechanic owner
Do you mean in the rp1210 window? I tried DLA and 2.0 and couldn’t get a connection. I can take a screenshot if it would help. I’m in central NJ
The Deere and the Case one are software pacific. And only work with their software .

Attachments

• jcb software.PNG
    jcb software.PNG
    51.7 KB · Views: 7

PeteG

Occupation
Farmer
Ok yes that’s the window. When using the cat comm 3 which are you choosing to allow it to connect?

tool_king

Occupation
road mechanic owner
Ok yes that’s the window. When using the cat comm 3 which are you choosing to allow it to connect?
Do you have the cat com 3 driver install on the laptop? Click on CA3rp32.Drop down will appear. Click on CA3 and see if you can connect .

PeteG

Occupation
Farmer
Ok tried that and am still not getting any communication. The cat comm adapter works because I used it a week ago with et. I’m wondering if it’s in the version of servicemaster and that they changed something because this is version service master 4 v22.11.2?

PeteG

Occupation
Farmer
I would think so. Never worked on a 4CX, but it does all our diagnostic and communication on the JCB’s we have. If you have a newer version of service master you’ll need the correct adapter as well.

PeteG

Occupation
Farmer
You’ll need to purchase the software and the adapter. You can find it online at various websites, or purchase from the dealer as a license. Either option should be able to get you what you need.