• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

JCB Robot 1110T loader slow

zac sanders

Greetings, first of all, I have searched every known corner of the internet for an answer (including this forum). I have found others that have similar issues but none have had a conclusion. Now, on to the problem....
I recently bought a jcb robot 1110T servo pilot controls. The locomotion of the unit works great. No problem whatsoever (knock on wood). However, all of the loader functions are slow very very slow. It actually will not move at all (curl or lift raise/lower) unless I have the throttle at more than 75% and then, as mentioned it’s so slow. Temperature doesn’t seem to have a drastic effect it’s pretty slow at all operating temps. Also, when I start driving the loader seems to slow down even more. Here’s what I have tried so far, to no avail:
1) main regulator valve rebuilt (new orings and springs (originals looked fine fwiw)) no obvious damage to the valve or bore. Adjusted mrv pressure mid stroke pressure runs about 1000psi, at full stroke mrv bypassing at about 2800, not quite to spec but not that bad either I don’t think
2) pulled spools and inspected , no issue
3) charge pressure control valve pulled, disassembled and cleaned. No damage.
4) adjusted cpcv pressure at idle, full speed pressure appr 600psi
5) replaced hydraulic filter and fluid Sae30)
6) disassembled loader pump and inspected bearing blocks, gears, valves, and orings/set rings. No obvious damage aside from some grooving on the bearing block (which according to the manual is normal)

I have consulted the dealer and had them diagnose, before I took these steps. They insist it is the MRV and ordered one “overnight” about a month ago....it has yet to come in.

my questions:
1) Would a new MRV really impact this since I’ve already rebuilt it? Valve seems pretty simple, can’t see why a new one would help if this one is rebuilt
2) is there anything else I am not thinking of? I’m really close to ordering a new pump, but don’t want to drop a couple grand for no benefit.

Please help me experts!
Thanks
Zac

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
I don't have a clue, but I just noticed the "report" that this was posted in the wrong forum, so I moved it, but since it's been hanging out there for 10 days without a reply, I figured it wouldn't hurt to bump it back up into the new posts...

Greetings, first of all, I have searched every known corner of the internet for an answer (including this forum). I have found others that have similar issues but none have had a conclusion. Now, on to the problem....
I recently bought a jcb robot 1110T servo pilot controls. The locomotion of the unit works great. No problem whatsoever (knock on wood). However, all of the loader functions are slow very very slow. It actually will not move at all (curl or lift raise/lower) unless I have the throttle at more than 75% and then, as mentioned it’s so slow. Temperature doesn’t seem to have a drastic effect it’s pretty slow at all operating temps. Also, when I start driving the loader seems to slow down even more. Here’s what I have tried so far, to no avail:
1) main regulator valve rebuilt (new orings and springs (originals looked fine fwiw)) no obvious damage to the valve or bore. Adjusted mrv pressure mid stroke pressure runs about 1000psi, at full stroke mrv bypassing at about 2800, not quite to spec but not that bad either I don’t think
2) pulled spools and inspected , no issue
3) charge pressure control valve pulled, disassembled and cleaned. No damage.
4) adjusted cpcv pressure at idle, full speed pressure appr 600psi
5) replaced hydraulic filter and fluid Sae30)
6) disassembled loader pump and inspected bearing blocks, gears, valves, and orings/set rings. No obvious damage aside from some grooving on the bearing block (which according to the manual is normal)

I have consulted the dealer and had them diagnose, before I took these steps. They insist it is the MRV and ordered one “overnight” about a month ago....it has yet to come in.

my questions:
1) Would a new MRV really impact this since I’ve already rebuilt it? Valve seems pretty simple, can’t see why a new one would help if this one is rebuilt
2) is there anything else I am not thinking of? I’m really close to ordering a new pump, but don’t want to drop a couple grand for no benefit.

Please help me experts!
Thanks
Zac

Hi Zac, I'm having a similar issue with my T1110T. Did you ever end up solving this?
Thanks,
-Areth

bigjohnthomas

Did you ever get it straightened out? I'm having an issue with a robot 185, when you turn Park brake off everything works but slow and weak. Only showing about 1000 psi at the test port on the main valve body. Then you can flip the brake back on and the boom works fine getting 2500 psi on the guage. Any idea where the priority valve would be located?

And also I have a manual, but it does not show location tof priority valve although it does mention it. It also doesn't show what the pressures should be, it says see technical data, but there is no section on tech data.

zac sanders

Hey there, my issue ended up being a bum loader pump. I ordered a rebuild kit from White House products (or some name like that). The priority valve is attached to the loader pump underneath the seat and is generally not to be tampered with. You can buy a new one if you suspect it, they are not terribly expensive. Your issue sounds interesting. The priority valve from my understanding only maintains a smaller flow to the motors whereas the actual transmission pump provides the actual flow for locomotion. Let me know what you find out !

bigjohnthomas

Thanks for the reply, on the brake valve there are 2 electric solenoids back 2 back on the same stem. One activates with the switch on the other with the switch off, I guess so maybe if your using a post hole digger or something you need to be stationary and use the boom and auxillary only. Right beside that valve in the same block there is a cartridge valve that is called a pressure reducing valve, it is adjustable, but like I said my book doesn't show what the pressures should be only says see tech data. BTW it happened all at once, I thought it was an electric issue because I did find some bum wires and some were loose at the starter. I will keep digging and c what I come up with. It doesn't feel like a pump to me the way it acting it feels like something is hung up, or clogged up. Will post back if and when I narrow it down.