• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

JCB 530 Steering

still learn'n

My father has a JCB 530 with 4 wheel steering that isn't working. Checking the proximity sensors and was wondering on the sensor plug there is a black, red, & Blue wire. What is hot and which is ground? Is it supposed to have 12 volts to the sensor and then a ground? That is what I figured but not getting any power so wondering if we have another problem.

skata

No power at both sensors? Check fuse? Is the steering mode light on on the dash?
If i remember right, there is a small led light on the backside of the sensor.
Sensor wiring is usually a positive, negative, and output wires. Output can be either negative or positive depending on sensor type.

still learn'n

After doing more digging found that somebody had run a jumper wire with a separate fuse to the front sensor and that wire had got broke where it went over the driveshaft. After getting that all back together it all works now. It appeared like somehow they had run the back sensor thru the same fuse because it had power after that to.

Thanks for your info