• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

jcb 527 Reference

MetalDealer

I am looking into purchasing a jcb 527 for our scrap operation. We have leasing one for a month and really seems to be working out for us. I am looking for anyone that has any long term expirence with any of the jcb loadall and any rants or raves you have on their equipment.

We also had a Bobcat 417 demo for about 2 days before we sent it back because it did not feel anywhere as solid as the jcb and we knew it would not last long in our environment.

Framer

Just make sure you can get parts, if you're stuck with one dealer that can get parts then its kind of like a marriage. JCB's seem like good machines, good resale value by the looks of things. Used to own a 550 and had very few problems thru 3000 hrs

lee

hi i have an old jcb 520 it takes quite alot of abuse in what we do its a strong old machine and i have never had any structural problems just the odd electrical fault and the usual things like dirty fuel cant blame the machine for that one for the odd part i have needed for it i get them from diggerdoctor uk he breaks them for parts and does after market spares if you get one he will sort you out and can probabley advise you on what to loo for before you buy it just google the nameit sould come up good luck

kozakcc

Hi, Framer or any of you guys had a problem with your JCB (I have 550) and can't get it to switch from 2-way stearing into 4. I am framing houses and there is no room what-so-ever to move. Any help will be appreciated.

Framer

Dunno

Dunno, try everything else first, then start replacing parts, how many hours? Pull back the rubber and check it mechanically, should kinda click.

cps

Occupation
plant mechanic
This may help, at the front axle around the middle on top of the axle there should be a litte senser, its magnetic trip it out with a screwdriver or something metal with the switch in four wheel steer!

hope this helps!