• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

JCB 525hl-4B - Help with hydrauli hose change

cj-525hl

Hi all,

I need a bit of advice with my JCB 525hl-4b. One of the the main hydraulic hoses to the fork tilt cylinder/ram split the other day. I've not been able to source a new one yet so have decided to use one of the aux hoses to the forks as the hose to the fork tilt cylinder. I've rearranged the hoses, placing the aux directly at the back ( I never use them). When I operate the fork tilt lever in the cab I'm getting a slight jolt from the main boom and no movement on the cylinder. Is this a bleeding issue or have I probably fitted the feeds incorrectly?

Many thanks for your help

Colin

aerolift

we use the aux hydraulics frequently to power the fork tilt when the hose that feeds it blows.
it is imperative that you plumb it correctly.
My guess is that the new feed line that you chose has not been threaded on to the old supply side hyd line.
check again that both sides have been placed where h=the old failed line was plumbed.

cj-525hl

Hi aerolift,

Thanks for the reply.

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one to use the aux feeds to replace the tilt feed. It also gives me three spare hoses, one I had to braze a leak on at the union. I can still use the aux, just at the back of the machine or run extension hoses to the front. I never use them anyway.

My initial thoughts were that either I've mixed up the feeds or that the feeds may have become blocked with debris, I was careful to clean the connectors before fitting. It does feel like I've put and aux end on the feed to the cylinder, that would feel like a blocked feed. I'm going to trace each feed from the controller to the cylinder to make sure all are correct. I assume that the feed ports directly below each control lever in the block feeds the respective cylinder. I'll have a look later today and report back.

Many thanks for your help. It always amazes me that people can now help each other from across the world.

Colin

cj-525hl

Hi Guys,

Quick update.

I double checked all hoses and they seemed routed to the right cylinder feeds. I then decided to reattach the fork tilt cylinder end to the fork carrier to give the cylinder some weight to return. Started the machine and operated the control levers and the tilt cylinder started to work. It soon bled itself and now works as before. I'm not sure if the weight of the forks acting on the cylinder helped but it started to work straight away.

Anyway, all reassembled now and in working order.

Many thanks aerolift for your advice

Colin