• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

JCB 505-22 Wiring Harness Fire

jim wilson

I'm in the process of repairing the wiring harness on a 505. It appears that everything not related to steering had been bypassed. It looks like the only electrical flow through the harness was to the 4 solenoids and the 2 proximity sensors. Also had 2 lines to the fuel tank. I'm not certain, but I'd guess pump and gauge. The set of wires that control the solenoids for the second valve were burnt. Only problem is that there are 2 wires to choose from where I need 1 and 3 choices where I need 2. Is there anyway to figure out which one is which? I may be able to get it done on site, but I'm trying to repair the harness at home. jcb505wire.JPG jcb505wiresteersol.JPG jcb505wiresteersol2.JPG jcb505wiresamegreen.JPG

tool_king

Occupation
road mechanic owner
I'm in the process of repairing the wiring harness on a 505. It appears that everything not related to steering had been bypassed. It looks like the only electrical flow through the harness was to the 4 solenoids and the 2 proximity sensors. Also had 2 lines to the fuel tank. I'm not certain, but I'd guess pump and gauge. The set of wires that control the solenoids for the second valve were burnt. Only problem is that there are 2 wires to choose from where I need 1 and 3 choices where I need 2. Is there anyway to figure out which one is which? I may be able to get it done on site, but I'm trying to repair the harness at home. View attachment 183021 View attachment 183022 View attachment 183023 View attachment 183024
I'm in the process of repairing the wiring harness on a 505. It appears that everything not related to steering had been bypassed. It looks like the only electrical flow through the harness was to the 4 solenoids and the 2 proximity sensors. Also had 2 lines to the fuel tank. I'm not certain, but I'd guess pump and gauge. The set of wires that control the solenoids for the second valve were burnt. Only problem is that there are 2 wires to choose from where I need 1 and 3 choices where I need 2. Is there anyway to figure out which one is which? I may be able to get it done on site, but I'm trying to repair the harness at home. View attachment 183021 View attachment 183022 View attachment 183023 View attachment 183024
Hi Jim
What is you email address ? I can email you the manual.

jim wilson

Thanks for the info on the 506- 99% seems relevant the 505. I'm going out tomorrow and should be able to make it work, but if anyone knows where to get info on the 505 I would like to one day put everythingback the way it goes. I'm hoping I can follow the wires from behind the dash to at least get it moving.