• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

JCB 214 won’t forward or reverse??

Earthmover315f

i have a jcb backhoe that won’t go forward or reverse. Checked all the fuses and relays I have power in the wires to the shuttle shifter and power in only 1 plug on the valve body on the top of the transmission. Running out of ideas!

laycobeau

Occupation
Lead electronic technician
Could be a lot of things; brake switch; neutral lock; seat or bar switch if you have them. Who makes the shifter Clark/Dana/Spicer; ZF; Funk; or Emerson, and does it have a separate transmission controller (TCU)

Earthmover315f

Not sure on the shifter. Where is the neutral lock located? I’ve checked the buttons on the shifter and ranger selector and they don’t seem to be sticking

jcb jeff

What is your machine serial number
The forward reverse lever controls relays that work the solenoids on the top of the gearbox
I guess you have 2 connections on blue solenoids .
The handbrake and button on the loader lever also if yours has a separate gearstick front right the button on there all control the neutral or will put into neutral when circuit connects.
The relays will be in the fuse box it will have f and r on the picture and a n for neutral start as well.
But if you supply the serial number i can point you in a better direction.

Mark Glaser

What is your machine serial number
The forward reverse lever controls relays that work the solenoids on the top of the gearbox
I guess you have 2 connections on blue solenoids .
The handbrake and button on the loader lever also if yours has a separate gearstick front right the button on there all control the neutral or will put into neutral when circuit connects.
The relays will be in the fuse box it will have f and r on the picture and a n for neutral start as well.
But if you supply the serial number i can point you in a better direction.
I just saw this post and this is what my backhoe is doing The serial # is476740 would appreciate any help