• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Japan

Scrub Puller

Yair...WV earth mover. I have been accused of being "borderline offensive" to Americans on these pages...and I have to tell you that as a PROUD and PATRIOTIC Aussie. comments such as yours in (post 39) get right up my nose!

Why the hell would you NOT expect other countries to assist the U.S. if you guys have a disaster or whatall?

You need to get over yourself and look at the big picture...as far as I recall Australians have always assisted the American cause any time that they were asked.

wsw

We should not make comments like the above when we were assisted in New Orleans, and Australia has always been an alli to the U S and a good one at that, sure there are countries that the U S helps that will not help the U S in return, but when you post comments like #39 you are generalizing everyone, and that is not the case.

WV earth mover

Maybe post 39 was alittle harsh to some mainly due to whats going on right now but all i was trying to say is that all we do is give aid and people we help end up better off than they were befor whatever happened happens and all the US gets is the more debt .I dont excpect all of you who agree to make a reply stating that we will let me take the fall im new here and theres no use for you to lose any standing with fellow HEF,ers so keep quiet its just whats talked about in most diners and equipment shops around the country for years every sence we started trying buy friends a hundred years ago but its not working doesnt matter if its war or peace keeping mission or nat disaster recovery we are still not appriciated but are scorned and gladstone queensland i didnt say the US shouldnt EXCEPT help i said we shouldnt EXPECT it theres is a big diff . Im not a cold hearted a hole as you might think in fact i had already donated befor post 39 to red cross for for the purpose of japan probably more than those who spend there time telling others to give but a self employed ex US MARINE who started with nothing and worked to have something gets tired of never seeing any return for all the money spent other than peace of mind mabey im wrong mabey iraq will suddenlly give us a couple years of oil , mabey japan will one day call and say we want stock your govt vehicle fleet with new cars and trucks and fill your biuldings with new computers and tv,s just as gesture of good faith i doubt it but mabey .Wouldnt it be nice to get as little as a 1$ back for every 10$ spend when these places get back on there feet instead bad mouthing about why we didnt do more .Enough of that mabey we can use this little scuffle to help and say to donate befor replying we will just use the honesty method . If you ever go to japan youll find the US isnt well liked and even i still gave something .(IF YOU FORGIVE AND FORGET TO MUCH YOU WILL GET BURNT AGAIN)

motrack

Charter Member
Occupation
field service tech
To WV earth mover,

To your last posting all I can say is "WOW". Your the first person I ever saw nail themselves to the cross......... feel free to climb down anytime cause Japan can make better use of the wood.

Scrub Puller

Yair...the situation in Japan is still pretty grim as regards the damaged nuclear plants. Is the on going drama getting coverage in the American MSM and has the disaster had any influence as to how US folks on this board feel about nuclear generation?

Just asking, thats all, no agenda.

Thanks.

Lee-online

I think the nuclear disaster is overshadowing the tsunami tragedy. The poor people in japan will overcome this, its just a matter of how long it take.

look at this new video and see how calm the people are but look at how their town it annihilated.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTr7Ibi9X_0

As for the US, we have not built a nuclear power station since the TMI disaster, 31 years ago tomorrow.

mitch504

This whole thing has given me new respect for the people of Japan........ Its people have not turned into the animals that citizens of New Orleans did. I saw a news clip showing them carving eating utensiles from bamboo........ In New Orleans they looted big screen TVs.

We could all learn from how these people are conducting themselves.

Right on, Mo
Maybe they don't have the welfare state to teach them not to be self-reliant.

Last edited:

Dozerboy

Occupation
Operator
An ex-marine Huh? That sounds a little fishy.

I will say I don't think we should give them a dime. We don't have the $$$, but I'm all for sending aid like our Navy ETC.

Hasn't changed my opinion of nuclear power and the only peoples mind it will change are ignorant. I think a nuclear powered steam engine in a truck would be bad a$$.

Last edited:

hvy 1ton

An ex-marine Huh? That sounds a little fishy.

I will say I don't think we should give them a dime. We don't have the $$$, but I'm all for sending aid like our Navy ETC.

Hasn't changed my opinion of nuclear power and the only peoples mind it will change are ignorant. I think a nuclear powered steam engine in a truck would be bad a$$.

The ignorant people are the ones that have to be convinced.:pointhead They are the people that move into the country and then start complaining about whatever piece of vital infrastructure is near them. Its not ok for a coal plant outside of town or for the state to make some money by leasing ground for a wind farm, or god forbid we build the first new oil refinery in almost 40 years, etc.

WV earth mover

I guess anyone who is against nuclear now would have to be against oil because of bp's screw up and be against coal because of things like the sago mine incident you might have quit driving because of 20 car pile up on the interstate . All we can do is learn from it and move on.

RocksnRoses

Occupation
Owner operater crushing & contracting business
Thanks for posting that video, Lee, I have seen some of the others, it is just unbelievable, watching that water take everything in it's path.

RnR.