• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

IT38H joystick no response

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
So it looks as though you have an open circuit. Does your resistance go to zero when you touch the two probes of the multimeter..?

If it does, then you will need to work around the loop from J1 Pin 70 to J2 Pin 39, opening each connector that the wires pass through and checking that the resistance in each section is zero or close to it. To do this you will probably need a fair llength of automotive wire and more than likely another pair of hands. Somewhere in that loop it sounds like you have a broken wire, a connector that's not passing current, or a switch that is broken.

Maybe it might be worth testing continuity across Pins 1 & 2 of the Lift/Tilt Kickout switch (see below) when you move the switch and see if it goes from zero ohms to open circuit. H766 comes from the Pilot Lockout Switch, C216 follows an extremely circuitous route from this switch but finally ends up at Conn J2 Pin 39 of the ECM.

upload_2020-3-30_21-52-13.png

Nige

Hold up a second ........

J2 Pin 39 should connect to Pin 4 on the Pilot Lockout switch via wire 700 Pink
J1 Pin 70 should (eventually) connect to Pin 2 on the Lift/Tilt Kickout switch via wire C216 Black.

The only thing that is left is between Pin 1 on the Lift/Tilt Kickout switch and Pin 5 on the Pilot Lockout switch via wire H766 Yellow. Have you checked continuity on that..?

Nige

You've had ET hooked up to it. Did you look at the Configuration screen. Did anything jump out at you.?

Try getting into the ET Status screen. Start from the top and look at the parameters working down one by one. Anything that is switched, flip the switches back and forth one at a time and watch them change status (Active/Inactive or whatever) on the screen.

Nige

You want to post a couple of screen grabs showing the two different switch states..?

It looks as though this is where you are.......... The four electromagnets are the same Part Number - 145-8428.
Would it be worthwhile swapping the lift electromagnet with (say) the auxiliary electromagnet and see if the problem switches from one function to the other with the electromagnet that was removed from the lift..?

upload_2020-3-31_2-53-42.png

Mark250

Occupation
heavy equipment technician
hi, As the hydraulic system is pilot control and looking at the schematic, all you need electrically to allow the hydraulic system to work is 24V at pin #1 at the pilot control lock solenoid and a good ground.
in an earlier post you stated that the coil was tested to be ok?
The trans/chassis ECM is controlling the pilot lever detents and kick outs only
So if you have 24v and a ground at the solenoid it should work, if not you have other issues
blocked screen in pilot line
faulty reducing valve
faulty lock off valve
Do you have pressure gauges suitable and are you able to check pilot pressures ?

Some one else had diagnosed it prior as those so I replaced them.

Pilot wasnt working at all prior to this. Same issue as when it was first brought to my attention.

I'm just grabbing tim hortons (how Canadian of me) then I'm making my way there