1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Is your site OSHA compliant?

Discussion in 'Safety Issues' started by digger242j, Aug 5, 2004.

?

Is your excavation site OSHA compliant?

1. Yes, every day, in every way.

2 vote(s)
    7.7%
  2. An inspector might be able to nitpick a few things, but we do things safely.

16 vote(s)
    61.5%
  3. An inspection would be a costly experience for the company, but hopefully nobody is going to get ser

6 vote(s)
    23.1%
  4. Work on my site and you're taking your life in your hands.

2 vote(s)
    7.7%
  1. digger242j

digger242j Administrator

Self employed excavator

I'll say! 2004 was nine years ago. :) That's ok though. Still a good topic. (Says the guy who started it.)

That would be an abbreviation of "Competent Person" as described above.

If I recall correctly, I had the training not long before I posted the thread. I wonder if there's any sort of recurrent training requirement? Maybe I've become incompetent?

2. FMD

FMD Well-Known Member

What area did you do the training as a CP?

So you took one class and never "re-certified". The Miller Fall protection CP is good for two years. My confined space is good for two years et el

3. mitch504

mitch504 Senior Member

Wow! You must be new if you are asking this bunch that!
    Let's see, most of us are qualified to be inmates in an asylum, some qualify for supervised release, and a few of us are good enough at duping the shrinks for full release.

I'm glad you didn't ask about competency, as that would open a whole other can of worms.

4. wilko

wilko Senior Member

Not sure what OSHA would say about this, but I've worked with an outfit doing water mains in residential neighborhoods where the boss didn't bother to bring in portapotties for the crew. (they must cost money or something) Everybody had to go in the trench or run behind some shrubbery.