• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Is this insane?

humboldt deere

Occupation
general building and engineering contractor
I am surprised at how many threads their have been on middle eastern topics lately:beatsme I was aware of things like this going on but it seems that if cat wasnt supplying them someone else would.

knucklehead98

I guess my point is how can they sue Cat? all they are doing is building thier product. Next thing PETA will be suing the gun and bow manufacturer's for making the guns and bows that people hunt with.

Eric

Seems to me that it was a one sided propaganda film. Seems to me this is another political thread. If they didn't use Cat they would use something else. If there was no equipment to use they would use sticks and stones to kill each other and tear down each others houses. This has been going on since time began, and will end when time runs out.

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
Seems to me this is another political thread.

Well, if it's not, it certainly has the potential to go that way in a hurry, doesn't it? All it takes is two mouse clicks to close a thread. Let's all keep that in mind as we compose our replies... :cool2

(Also, keep in mind that the moderators are a lazy bunch, who don't appreciate having to work at it. That could result in a trip to the woodshed for the poster(s) that make it necessary to close this thread.)

bigblueox

and it's cats fault?!?! just like it's colt and other firearms manufacturers fault people misuse their products i suppose! that is ludacris. i hate to say it but if you protest in front of a bulldozer u deserve what you get, kinda of like running with the bulls..... inherent risk. pun intended. i'll leave political opinion out. i'm just saying it shouldn't be the manufacturers fault!

rapper

Occupation
apprentice plant mechanic
:IMOhow can cat be at fault here. supply and demand. if they didnt supply them others will

dumptrucker

First of all I am not taking sides here, just stating the facts.

Since 9/11 the united states made a law saying that if you sell your product KNOWING that is being used to break the laws of the geneva convention and laws of humanity then you are breaking the law yourself.

I know that is not the exact definition.

The problem is that it is a very fine line determining whats legal and not.

It's just like if someone came up to you and said " I want to buy a gun from you because I am going to kill some people with it" , and that person went and killed some people , you would be liable for supplying the weapon, knowing what that person was going to do with it.

Problem is they have to get proof that cat knew what their equipment was being used for before they sold it. Pretty tough to do.

The protesters are just looking to blame somebody, didn't get anywhere with the government, so cat is next in line.

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums rapper! :drinkup

knucklehead98

I in no way intended for this to be a political amything. I just can't believe that someone would be that desperate to try and sue a company for making the same product that they have for years.

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
I just can't believe that someone would be that desperate to try and sue a company for making the same product that they have for years.

I can. It's the way things are done these days. :rolleyes:

I in no way intended for this to be a political amything.

Not saying that you did. It's just that sometimes the potential to go the wrong way isn't readily apparent when a thread is opened, so a timely word from the moderators can keep things from going bad.

JRINST

Occupation
farmer
Hello,, After being over there, they truly will find any kind of equipment to use to clear a road, or ram a group of people. They fight between themself like kid over candy every day. It is better over there, but it will take time,,, just like id did here back in the indian days, 60's and so...

Farmer

Knucklehead,
What do you mean "next thing".

They tried to sue the gun makers a couple of years ago, luckily the judges saw through it.