• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Is there a Forklift section?

redline808

Alright, I was able to go out and work on the machine today. I did as told and installed a 1/8 bleed valve, I started up the machine, I opened the bleeder and slowly raised the forks, very little air came out then a few drops of fluid came out. I only went up maybe 4ft. then closed the bleeder and back down, did the same procedure again, opened bleeder, raised forks, very little air then a few drops of fluid. then I tried going faster with the hydraulics, same, nothing comes out, then I just took the bleeder out, now its just open threads, same, very little air, just a little psssst and a few drops of fluid. so I put back the bleeder, lowered the ram, opened it back up, then raised the forks all the way up. yep, stuck. the forks would not come back down. I almost had to call back to the yard and have my excavator delivered, but instead I used a long ratchet strap to pull it down as I pushed on the lever to lower it. while we were ratcheting the forks down, I noticed that the lower fork roller was not rolling and was binding on the guide rail, all I had was WD40, so I soaked the wheel and guide rails and started at the bottom, working the forks up and down as I worked up higher. It is a lot better and lowering on its own now. so tomorrow I am going to grease them up real good and see if that takes care of it. I hope all it is was a stuck roller. will see.