• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Is steam too old???

DarrylMueller

Occupation
Excavating Contractor & Operator
Real nice Rumely. Love the steamers. Quiet steady power. I notice the 125 lb. on the gage, what is the max pressure you can run and do you run less than max because of a boiler cert. law?

Iron Horse

One of the council bosses i worked for last week seen my Iron Horse business logo on the machine and new my name and said are you related to Richard ? I told him i was , and he said he has a beer bottle with a picture of his first locomotive and emailed it to me . I probably should have used his first locomotive as my logo .

Attachments

• DSCF2428.jpg
    DSCF2428.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 151
  • DSCF2430.jpg
    DSCF2430.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 157
  • Richard.jpg
    Richard.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 158

rino

Occupation
Drive steel bed Dump Truck for a paving company
If I'm not mistaken the "Stanley Steamer" had the land speed record in the 1920's at 104 or 106 MPH! Steam is the earilest from of power! The first excavators were "steam shovels" and cranes were steam powered, and what about the "steam roller"?

All of those machines and many more were the ancesters to the modern equipment of today! If it wasn't for the transoprtation lag in the planes states, and the fact that there wasn't much to burn for fuel, gasoline and diesel might have took longer to catch on here in the US. The only other problem with steam engies were their tendensies to blow up! I guess trying to overrev or get that extra horse power lead to operational no-no's back in the day! Poor or lack of maintenance, and just abusave operations was more the problem then the solution!