1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Is offroad fuel thing of the past?

Discussion in 'General Industry Questions' started by posrepair2013, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Coaldust

Coaldust Well-Known Member

Cargo Tanks
    For sure. B10 will make a mess in a bulk tank or a saddle tank if it sits for long. It acts hydroscopic and collects moisture. Fortunately, it’s not currently distributed in Alaska or mandated.

old-iron-habit and Ronsii like this.
  2. John C.

John C. Senior Member

Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
    Here is a tank on the genset set I'm working on that had about 130 gallons of fuel sitting in it for who knows how long. I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only person who thinks bio is the biggest con job in any industry. I never got a subsidy if my business was bad or I made bad decisions. Why are we paying farmers to grow corn that has no use but to pollute our fuel stocks.

IMG_0105.jpg

3. Blocker in MS

Blocker in MS Senior Member

Why turn your food into fuel? I am VERY pro ag and I will make that statement. I think there are better options.

Ronsii, John C. and Theweldor like this.