• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Is it possible to build a crawler loader from a big dozer, or anybody made it?

junior

i think if manufacturers don't build so why we don't build larger, heavier and much powerful crawler loaders from big dozers. is it possible or did you hear any project like this, i told many times i need a large loader like d155s but i can't find it, so can i do anything like this, what do you say?

Neil D

Occupation
contractor
I was over in Spain before christmas looking at some scrapers outside Zaragosa, the guy has one of the big Komatsu track loaders based on the komatsu D155. It was quite a sight.
Neil

Sorry didnt see the other thread on this

Last edited:

PSDF350

i think if manufacturers don't build so why we don't build larger, heavier and much powerful crawler loaders from big dozers. is it possible or did you hear any project like this, i told many times i need a large loader like d155s but i can't find it, so can i do anything like this, what do you say?

With the right person doing the fabrication, and enough $$$$$ anything is doable.

rino1494

The front idlers wouldn't last too long with that much weight on the front with a big bucket. One of the reasons why the Cat 983's aren't too popular.

junior

The front idlers wouldn't last too long with that much weight on the front with a big bucket. One of the reasons why the Cat 983's aren't too popular.

yes right, 983's are not popular, undercarriage is expensive, and instead of a big loder crawler, a big dozer + a big excavator is more productive for big companies, also excavators are today very powerfull, can do every job easily.

ANYBODY KNOWS A PROJECT LIKE THIS FROM INTERNET?

Last edited: