• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Is a Cat 257b and Cat 236 cab's the same?

TonyBolt

Looking at a door off of a Cat 236 to put on my 257b. I think the cabs are the same but not 100% sure. Can anyone tell me for sure if the cabs or the same so I will know about the door before I lose out on it? Thanks, Tony

durallymax

On the same year machine they are the same, not sure if there were many variations over the years though.

powerjoke

Occupation
owner/operator/estimator/mechanic/grunt/ditchdigge
anything from a 216 and 287B etc are all the same and aside from the glass style .....the A and B door share the mount and latch.

In short, yes it will fit

Pj

powerjoke

Occupation
No problem sir, if you have trouble finding a door or miss the one your after inbox me I may still have a couple extras.... Do you need a B or an A or does it matter? The B had a little better visibility but after you get used to an A you won't even notice.

I even bought a couple off Craigslist one time but that's been years ago so they aren't hard to find. If you decide to put side windows in make sure you go with the B style they popped out for easy cleaning and was definatly an upgrade

Jphtmaxx

I'm new to the forums and bought my first skid steer cat 277. Like everyone else I want a door even though it mite get tore off like the original. What is a decent price for a used door. I see the new ones for 800 and can not justify that. Are there any broken doors laying around for parts like the latch and handle?

powerjoke

Occupation
Get a few more post and shoot me a PM I'm in MO too and have had several 277's over the years hell u might have one of my old ones :D. But to answer the question I have bought a few off of KC craigslist and have given as little as 100bucks. The glass is cheap as hell we always upgrade ours to lexan so don't be affraid to buy one with broken glass at one time I had a couple extra ones cut if I still have one and u need it I'll be glad to give it to you.

Pj

Jphtmaxx

I would love to find one for a $100 and I know this is the wrong season to buy a door. On images I have seen some have locking doors. Was this an option on the doors?

powerjoke

Occupation
I think all of them lock? Heck I never gave it two thoughts...... I'm pretty sure all of mine have always locked. If I remember right the A series had a severate lock cylinder below the handle and the B had it in the handle..... Sorry to be so vague on non answer but we never lock them never seen a reason to I guess

Pj

Jphtmaxx

I just thought it would b nice if I left it overnights somewhere. I know that if a thief wants something they will take it. Just keeping honest people honest.