• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Iron Mountain Iron & Equipment, llc Recent Equipment moves in the Northeast.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Good to see you back around Lowboy.:drinkup

That's a great idea with the HD rollback. There are so many tight places we go from time to time that it would be the ticket. What's the overall height with a backhoe on it?

I hire my moves out as we stay in one place for several months at a time, if you were closer I'd give ya' some business.:D

LowBoy

Occupation
Owner, Iron Mountain Iron & Equipment (Transport)
Good to see you back around Lowboy.:drinkup

That's a great idea with the HD rollback. There are so many tight places we go from time to time that it would be the ticket. What's the overall height with a backhoe on it?

I hire my moves out as we stay in one place for several months at a time, if you were closer I'd give ya' some business.:D

Hey CM...good to hear from you too.:drinkup

That (rollback) started out as an experiment. I intended to have that strictly for an antique truck show piece like all the others I had, but I hallucinated a lot about restoring that one to pristine condition and made that happen. Then I proceeded to test the waters so to speak by pounding on doors looking to solicit some work. I did some pretty funky things with it at first (like hauling hardwood T&G flooring for a customer and had to tarp and hand unload every board, and carry them into peoples homes/garages, etc.) to moving dead vehicles for just about free to get the word out. Then it started coming around, so I decided to invest into the remake and I am glad I did. I enjoy every minute spent in that truck, meeting new people, doing the work...It's great.

The truck works slick for tight spaces. I get into deals that you can't use a lowbed or even a tag trailer for...and am able to place dead equipment on point where folks want them parked in tight quarters. Future plan for that also is a 12 ton tag trailer, so I can drop the height of some of the TLB's. Plus I tend to get some long stuff like that Ditch With that if I had a trailer behind it when I have an overhang, it will fall within the footprint of the vehicle and won't be so ugly going down the road with 4 feet hanging off, lol.

The overall height for backhoes is always about 13' 3"...the deck stands 4' 2" off the ground, so most of the TLB's I move fall just at 13' 6" as they're typically 9' 4" high. Some I have to remove a strobe light or something to get it down a little.

I just bought a detachable lowbed for the higher stuff so I could do more too. Plans on mounting a 20-25 ton drag winch in the rear so I can drag dead stuff onto it without any effort. I want a hydraulic driven one so all I have to do is detach and get up close to the winch, plug the lines in and pull.

Yesterday's mission: Challenger 445B tractor for the Town of Brattleboro, Vermont I brought back from a repair shop up in northern Vermont a month ago ON THE ROLLBACK, lol...it carried it fine, but was a "tad" high. That made me decide to get the lowbed on that particular move.
They had a pump failure that put shavings all throughout the hydraulic system and had to have the tractor split, system flushed, and internal pump replaced. Expensive little deal.

10-28-15Challenger#5.jpg10-28-15Challenger#1.jpg10-28-15Challenger#2.jpg10-28-15Challenger#3.jpg10-28-15Challenger#4.jpg

LowBoy

Occupation
11-7-15; D8 2U series dozer moved from Manalapan, New Jersey to southern Vermont.

Iron Mountain Iron & Equipment, llc...project on Saturday 11-7-15 prepping an old D8 for transport from Manalapan, NJ to southern Vermont to it's final resting place to be cared for. I tried to get it permitted to move the day before, but the states weren't very cooperative in getting things done in the time frame I needed them to happen in.

It was a little bigger mission than expected due to having to remove the blade to get it down to legal width, but thanks to the seller Chris Sullivan of Sullivan Excavating, he made this easy for me. He let me use his service truck, torches, and excavator and skidsteer to do anything I needed to do and he saved the day with his generosity.

I cut the bolts and retainer bolts out of pins and dropped the blade. (This dozer doesn't run by the way.) The I had to cut 3' off the push arms to get them down to a good height on the trailer. 7.5 hours later, I was headed north with a good load all secured and legal.

D8Project11-7-15#3.jpgD8Project11-7-15#1.jpgD8Project11-7-15#2.jpgD8Project11-7-15#4.jpgCopy of D8Project11-7-15#14.jpg

LowBoy

Occupation
Few more shots of the project/load. Next mission is today (Monday 11-9-15) unloading this thing with a 45 ton wrecker. Have to pull it off, and run a snatch block off a tree and reverse pull it up into a tight little yard inside a fenced in spot next to the two other machines I have brought in there recently. Another few hours and it's MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.
PownalPete3.jpgPownalPete2.jpgCopy of D8Project11-7-15#12.jpgCopy of D8Project11-7-15#14.jpgCopy of D8Project11-7-15#8.jpg

LowBoy

Occupation
...And...on the other end in southwestern Vermont Monday 11-9-15 unloading this beast

Had my friends at A's Auto & Truck Repair of Guilford, Vermont come join in on the fun. Not everybody can say they towed a D8 with their wrecker...but now it's on their resume.

Steep hill we were working on, all different angles, tough spot to be working in made this little simple project a lot bigger than anticipated, but the bottom line is it's sitting where I wanted it to be in it's spot.

The hill was so steep I chained the lowbed to a tree in case it decided to take off backwards. That could have gotten ugly in a hurry....:eek:

D8Unloading11-9-15#4.jpgCopy of D8Unloading11-9-15#1.jpgCopy of D8Unloading11-9-15#3.jpgCopy of D8Unloading11-9-15#1.jpgD8Unloading11-9-15#2.jpg

LowBoy

Occupation
Some really, really recent moves. (I stumbled across this thread here just now and figured what the heck...why not?

HydroAxe#5.jpg HydroAxe#3.jpg

F550Dump#3.jpg F550Dump#4.jpg

These were taken Saturday 6-3-17 up in nedley05's neck 'o the woods in Vermontville, NY after loading this 2000 F-550. It was purchased off Craigslist from a guy down in Taunton, Mass. that called me to haul it. I was in Swansea, Mass. the previous Friday delivering a Hydro Axe tree shear to Schmitt Equipment, so this guy met me enroute and handed me a pile of cash to go up and purchase the truck sight-unseen. He wanted it for the strong running 7.3L IH diesel, the 6 speed transmission and the rears is all. The rest is toast.

LowBoy

Occupation
You should have gotten hold of me, I'd have bought you lunch!

You know how it goes...always in a big hurry, never have time to do anything normal...not enough hours in the day, etc. I wish that would change someday.
Next trip up through there I'll try and hook up!

nedly05

Im with ya buddy, definitely would be neat to meet in person and see whichever beautiful rig you have up close!

LowBoy

Occupation
Im with ya buddy, definitely would be neat to meet in person and see whichever beautiful rig you have up close!

I passed thru town again on Friday...but of course I was in a mad rush against that joke of a logbook to get home though, or I'd have stopped for a few hours nedly.

I grabbed a couple of Humvees in Jericho, Vt. Friday morning the 9th and shot straight up to Fort Drum and got them off, then I came down thru the Adirondack Park across 3, 28 & 30 to Warrensburg to get home before I turned into a pumpkin.

Next time, I'll try to plan it out better....Humvees1.jpg Humvees2.jpg Humvees3.jpg Humvees4.jpg