• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

International TD8

575Rancher

I've got a chance to buy an International TD8 Series E Dozer. It needs an engine. Does anyone know where to get parts to fit a Cummins BT4 into this machine? I suspect the flywheel bolt pattern will be different, the crankshaft will need an adapter and the motor mounts will probably need to be changed.

Is there a conversion kit or, if not, where would I look for parts to make this happen?

Thanks!

g_man

Occupation
Retired
I would start with a Komatsu dealer. I just bought a Dresser TD7G which is the next series after yours I think and Komatsu has the parts I need so far. Sorry I can't be more help.

Iron@Dirt

Been slowly rebuilding my D39P-1 (= TD9H ?), get parts from Komatsu on each project. Last parts I bought for torque convertor some were not available anymore. They said when Komatsu-Dresser parts inventory were sold out they would have no more. Got a couple of parts from Dressta-Dresser, at what seems like double the price. Looks like salvage yards might have your parts to convert to Cummins engine.