1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

International TD-14

Discussion in 'Dozers' started by Spud_Monkey, Jan 12, 2021.

1. 4x4ford

4x4ford Well-Known Member

aunts on the strip Currently drive a 1951 chevy pa
    Red power forum is a good place for information on them

DMiller likes this.
  2. DMiller

DMiller Senior Member

Retired
    Were a number of Side Boom conversion companies back in the day, could just be a Modified 14.

3. Puffie40

Puffie40 Well-Known Member

Either a TD18 or TD18A. The 1955 TD18-1 and TD18-2 had the air cleaner moved under the hood.

The grousers have had some flatbar welded to them. If the pads needed to be built up, then the pins and bushings are probably worn out. For a farm cat that is just going to do some limited work, it might be okay.

Spud_Monkey and DMiller like this.
  4. lantraxco

lantraxco Senior Member

No offense but that machine belongs in a museum.

Spud_Monkey and DMiller like this.
  5. td14steve

td14steve Well-Known Member

Old iron habit , Its possible they made 6 cyl versions. The 14 and 18 have the same pistons and rods I believe. The are the gas start switch over to diesel engines. Probably fine for a farm dozer looks taken care of for a machine pushing 70.

old-iron-habit and DMiller like this.
  6. Vetech63

Vetech63 Senior Member

I think I would skip that one.

DMiller and mg2361 like this.
  7. Spud_Monkey

Spud_Monkey Senior Member

I have skipped it. I will post other machinery as time ticks on.

DMiller likes this.
  8. old-iron-habit

old-iron-habit Senior Member

Retired Cons't. Supt./Hospitals

The swivel seat on my first series 931 does not have enough room to set on the seat and swivel. You stand up and lift the seat about 4 inches to swivel and it stays at the higher setting. I spin it and then spin me around the canopy and back into the seat is what I found works the best. Don't think it has any advantage over your flip seat if yours raises up as it flips. Mine could use more legroom in the hoe position but I have a 35" inseam and size14 shoes.

DMiller likes this.
  9. Welder Dave

Welder Dave Senior Member

Here's the best I could find of the 931B backhoe seat. The bottom seat cushion is flat and stays the same height, just the seat back flips to either side. Because my machine came from the factory with the backhoe there are extra hand holds on the ROPS that I use to crawl over the hyd. and fuel tanks. Kind of a pain but way better than a JD that uses a separate flip down seat. There was a Cat competitive bulletin TECB2050 entitled "The improved D3B/931B fixed pivot and sideshift backhoes vs John Deere 450C and 9300 backhoe." I keep thinking about making some kind of quick attach levers to operate the brake pedals from the backhoe position.

SEAT GP 5G2334 - Caterpillar | AVSpare.com

old-iron-habit and DMiller like this.