• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

International 564 brake chatter

davidd

Occupation
www.paulowniatrees.com
My 564 has developed brake chatter as well as pto clutch chatter when engaging. I had a bad steering leak and used hardware store oil. On the can it said it was for a long list of tractor brands. It appeared to be a cut above the cheap hyd. oil.
The question is will going back to Hy-tran type fluid decrease or stop the chatter.

Thanks,
David d.

stock

Occupation
We have moved on and now were lost....
probably...

Aussie John

Occupation
Maintenance Planner, mining equipment
David, for clutch packs or brake packs running in oil, stick to the oil type recomended by the manufacturer otherwise the material on the plates could fail and contaminate the system, requiring a complete strip down. All oil major companies produce suitable oils but BP may be a bit contaminated with sea water at present. What model IH tractor is this and where made? 564 tractors made here in Australia in the late 60's had dry external brakes like the Farmal Ms and really only an upgraded WD6.

John

Iron@Dirt

I believe 64, 74, 84 series and on had single disc wet brake next to planetary. John is right about Hy Tran, have seen others tear up pumps.

stock

Occupation
We have moved on and now were lost....
ih brakes 1a.jpg

Here is a picture of the brake set up on an IH.............