• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

International 175C, need help. Wont move

Haymaker101

Hi Everyone, I am having some trouble with my late 70's International 175C. I am going to explain the sequence of events and please help advice me if you can. I really need to get this track loader back up and running asap. I have owned the machine for only a few years, but its been a great farm loader.

So today I was at the farm poping stumps (5-10") at our Christmas Tree farm. The loader worked great for roughly 3 hours. The only gauge that works in the temp gauge and that read 190* and engine was smooth as always, (466). I stopped for lunch and when I got back into the loader and tried to pop a stump, it was slow moving, both forward and reverse. I shut the loader down and started to look it over. The only thing I could find is that my Hydraulic Oil was a little on the low side.

I am guilty of not knowing much about this loader in regards to the transmission system. I removed the floorboards and check for anything obvious, nothing. While at idle and when revved up, the universal spins as it should. As soon as the loader is put into either forward or reverse, the universal stops and the loader does not move. Once I noticed the slow movement, I was able to limp the loader roughly 50' into the open field. So, now it will not move at all.

So, where the heck is the transmission dip stick and fill on this loader? I pulled the floor out, I pulled the seat and batteries, no luck. Did I miss it? What kind of oil does it take? Whats the capacity? I searched here on the forum, but did not find anything that really applied. I read about this metal screen filters that can get clogged? Where are they? Any suggestions or help would really be appreciated, I really need to get this thing going tomorrow if possible. Its a powershift model, Lo and Hi

R.D.G013

Occupation
Heavy equipment operator/foreman for about 48yrs o
Found this link where some of the similar questions were asked. Post 12 identifies where the trans dipstick is and on 15 list fluids
https://www.heavyequipmentforums.com/showthread.php?19555-IH-175C-a-few-questions

Make sure the brakes aren't partly on or dragging, check to see if the brake pedal is free or that nothing has jammed it somewhere seems strange that it was good until u stopped for lunch. The TD 15s and 175s never had any problems in the steering/braking dept.