• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Injector pump timing

Mike 1150b

Can anyone tell me what degree timing should be on when checking the marks at the pump. I have a case 1150b with the 451 bd engine. The engine info decal has been painted over. Manual gives instructions to refer to that decal. Thanks Mike.

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
If I remember correctly its like 32*..34*??
I take it u found the pointer & the timing line for the inj. pump??
The inj. pump timing line is VERY VERY small & is located on the front bearing plate..

alrman

Occupation
Diesel Fitter;Small Business Owner;Cleaner
Can anyone tell me what degree timing should be on when checking the marks at the pump. I have a case 1150b with the 451 bd engine. The engine info decal has been painted over. Manual gives instructions to refer to that decal. Thanks Mike.

It would be 30 deg btdc ;)
1150B inj pump stall specs.jpg

Mike 1150b

Yes, i had installed new injectors and just wanted to double check timing on fuel. Fires right up and runs great. Thanks!