• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Injector Pump is off, Won't line up.

lantraxco

Just politely inform him you at least need the part(s) back, and if he can't do that, where would he like his backhoe delivered?

rutwad

This is ridiculous and aggravating! :Banghead I talked to the mechanic a couple weeks after his first visit and he said he was waiting on a gasket set to come in. I talked to him again after that, but don't remember the exact conversation. He told me when he may come. He did not show. I called, left messages, texted, and even sent a Facebook message to both him and his son (his son came to help the day he did show). I did not hear anything! So when I called just a couple weeks ago and he answered (must have been so long he didn't recognize my number), he first said he thought I called and left him a message saying not to worry about coming back that I already had someone else fix it. I told him never did I say that. I even pointed out the fact that he took some part with him and still has it. That is when he told me he would come back the following week, but would not be Monday or Tuesday. No show! So in the last couple of weeks I have called with no answer, called and left a message, and sent a text all with no response. I went back to facebook to message as well. I pulled up the old message to continue the conversation and it said I was no longer able to reply to him. That means he either is no longer on FB or blocked me.

I don't even know what to think. Maybe it's more of a job than he expected, but he charges hourly. Maybe he isn't a trained mechanic and does not think he will be able to fix it. :confused:

This would about make a preacher lay down his Bible.

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
I know it s*x but it time to move on.. I forgot what gear he took.. the inj pump drive?? Just go on ebay and theres a lot of them.. cheap..
If this clown has blocked you, then he's done with you.!!! I'd go buy a gear, washer and nut and be done.. Try buying a $1600.00 inj. pump, putting it on and then getting it shoved up your ass..!! Lol
I never called him and he never called me.. I just moved on..
But then again, your guy tore the front of the motor apart didn't he?? That doesn't help any.. I think I sent you a COMPLETE REBUILD MANUAL in an email once.. give it a try.. You'll probably need a front gasket? I wouldn't use silicone on anything, but that's just me.. just incase things don't work out and it has to come apart again..
Theres a web site.. I think EPS is the name of the company, they have everything you'll need.. I think..
You have the serial # plate right.. that's all you'll need, THAT and some money..
Make a list of things you'll need, add the money you already paid the jack-leg, take some pictures and head to the magistrates office.. along w/ any msgs and your FB msgs and blockage..
That's TO KOOL of a machine to sit and rust with the covers off..

joe--h

It's time to call the Sheriff. The guy stole your parts, that's a crime.
Joe H

rutwad

You guys are right and I had thought about rust, dirt, and dirt dobbers. I think he took the gear between crank and pump.
I forgot you sent me something a while back. I could be wrong buti think it was just specifications. I'm on my phone now but I'll see ifi can find it when I get home. I am aggrevated he took the front end off including axle radiator etc.

Tinkerer

Has the thought occurred to you that your parts may be on someone else's engine ? Take the advice of thepumpguysc and move. Like he said the parts are not that expensive. Besides we are on page #10 and want to see you post back that it is running.

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
rutwad, Here's my idea. Put that Case on a rollback and send it up to NY. I'll do what needs to be done and when it's running send the truck back to get it! I have a couple stumps I could use it to dig out. I'll even post a video of it working for everyone to see.

Last edited:

rutwad

Lucky me, right?

pumpguy, I have lost the file. My old email was hacked so I have a new email account and I have also had to do a complete computer reset this year.

I will go try to at least locate what parts are here. I wasn't able to stay with them all day so I don't even know where the parts are. I'll sort through that and see what I may be missing.

melben

Occupation
Retired 50 Yrs with Case dealership
Rutwad,

I wasn't gonna get back into this post but, If you would take a pic of the front of the engine and a pic of all the parts you have and post the pic I'm sure that we can tell you what's missing. What should have been a 1.5hour job has turned into a nightmare for you.

rutwad

Pictures after teardown

First, I want to say to you all that I really do appreciate your support, advice, and motivation not to mention the time you take to share. :drinkup

So this morning I went to dad's to see what parts I could find. It was not what I was expecting. The most parts I found in the same place were only 2. I have no clue where the bolts and hardware are, but here are some pictures.

PS- This forum is the slowest site I visit on the internet. Do you have this problem? I often can't even get it to open a page. Right now I can't even load the window to add attachments. I'm trying. I notice I am even pressing my mouse button harder....that doesn't help either. :)

Attachments

• 036.jpg
    036.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 194
  • 039.jpg
    039.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 199
  • 038.jpg
    038.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 204
  • 037.jpg
    037.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 196

rutwad

I'm only doing some of them per post because I'm scared too many may not load at all.

Attachments

• 042.jpg
    042.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 196
  • 041.jpg
    041.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 195
  • 040.jpg
    040.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 194

rutwad

More

Attachments

• 043.jpg
    043.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 189
  • 044.jpg
    044.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 196
  • 046.jpg
    046.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 191

rutwad

You can see from all the organization why I had a little trouble locating the hardware.

Attachments

• 077.jpg
    077.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 186
  • 076.jpg
    076.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 190
  • 068.jpg
    068.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 194

rutwad

Here's the picture that didn't load. The last picture is the reason I called it a half day and wasn't there when he put the pieces wherever they may be. I broke my toe. I see the picture is dated February 20, so we have been waiting on Randy's return since.

Attachments

• 20150220_092154.jpeg
    20150220_092154.jpeg
    35.6 KB · Views: 188
  • 072.jpg
    072.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 191

joe--h

Meanwhile, back to my call the law suggestion.

This guy stole your parts, you owe him nothing.

Joe H

melben

Occupation
Retired 50 Yrs with Case dealership
The pump and shaft and gear, the idler gear at least are gone or not pictured, did they leave the retaining plate and timing pointer possibly in a container?

It would seem to me that you have a basis for some kind of a legal remedy to recover at least the parts returned.

rutwad

OK, I thought he may have the idler gear but you are right about the pump gear and I didn't even think about the shaft. I looked in containers, boxes, inside, outside, etc. With a lot of miscellaneous stuff laying around already, it was hard for me to find what I did because I'm not really sure what all to look for. I may send him a message asking for him to at least return the parts. My only reason for hesitating was fear he may also send a bill.

We never received a bill, surprisingly. Why do you think a mechanic would ever do part of a job and leave us in such a mess?