• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Injector Pump is off, Won't line up.

Dickjr.

I would just call and ask for my parts back and get someone else to finish the job. If you don't have any luck that way , file a small claims suit on the guy and have the sheriff serve the papers. At this point I would not want the guy to finish the job anyway.

rutwad

I haven't been back to check on this thread. For some reason I haven't been getting notifications.

Since he will not talk with me, I sent him a text about 2 weeks ago. I was polite and asked that if he isn't going to come back to finish the job, would he at least return our parts he took. I left him our address. Well nothing has shown up.

Monday or Tuesday I called and it went to voicemail. I told him he has left us in a mess, taken parts he won't return, won't answer or return any of my calls, etc.

Just this morning I looked up the company to see if I could find the name of the owner since I was not sure it was him, although I was pretty sure it was. I ran across another number, I guess a landline. I just called it. I got a phone company recording saying the company is no longer in business.

Any other ideas? Drag it up beside the road as an antique display? I don't know!

hosspuller

Do a physical visit to his place of business. Stop with messages and such. If the business is closed, check with your state to file a lien against it for the value of your parts.

rutwad

After I posted yesterday, I called another man that uses this mechanic. He is the one I originally got Randy's number from. He said that Randy had disconnected the number I called yesterday and went solely with a cell phone. I verified the number I had for Randy with this other man and it was correct. I told him the situation and he said that did not sound like Randy at all. He was going to call Randy and ask him to call me yesterday. Still heard nothing.

I decided to look up the parts we need that Randy took. Unless I am looking at the wrong gears, they are not cheap at all!!

lantraxco

Gears are never cheap, but good used ones should suffice, that's what you had was good used ones. Just gotta locate some!

rutwad

I heard nothing so I passed word that I could place a lien on his property for the value of the parts he took and only asked that he return them. He texted me asking for my address saying he would ship them to us.

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
I heard nothing so I passed word that I could place a lien on his property for the value of the parts he took and only asked that he return them. He texted me asking for my address saying he would ship them to us.

Amazing how certain words can get ones attention.

Once you get the parts he does send you take some pictures and post them here and with any luck someone will be able to coach you along on getting it back together. Wish it was closer to me I'd be tempted to run over to see if I was able make sense of it.

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
I would drop the oil pan at least. you might find some of your hardware in it. (the opening for the gear is the perfect catch-all)

Agree, no telling what this guy may have dropped in there by accident or on purpose. I'd also check every fastener that is exposed on that engine.

Tinkerer

Great attitude Rutwad ! If you pull off the oil pan to look for anything that may be in there that shouldn't be, leave it off until you get everything back together. You will also have an opportunity to look for any coolant leaks. Actually i would pressurize the cooling system and then look for leaks.

rutwad

Turning over a new leaf.....part

I would honestly LOVE for someone knowledgeable to walk through the problem to fix it. I am always curious about almost everything down to the fact of trying to understand. So far with all my failed attempts plus that of the disappearing mechanic makes me wonder if there is more to it than expected. Not by me because I had no idea what to expect.

The parts arrived, but I haven't looked to see what yet. I will tear into that maybe this afternoon and update here. I literally dread the task ahead of me. My mechanic skills boil down to knowing what most tools are called, and usually lefty-loosey righty-tighty...lol. My only attempt to work on things is usually small projects. Take a few things off, and basically reverse the process to put together. I don't think this is going to be anything similar.

Would I like to see this backhoe back running? You bet!!! It was here before I was born and dad has never been one to tell me, "don't try that", "you're too young", etc. So I grew up putting my fair share of time sitting on the fender. Then I was driving it as soon as I could reach the pedals. Dad wouldn't haul to local jobs. We didn't have a dedicated transport, so I would usually drive. After many years of "working" from the fender, I was probably the absolute best!! Best observer that is. But I learned a lot. So I was a decent operator at a young age with little practice.

The number 1 reason I really want to see it run is because I know how much my dad wants that. I doubt he would ever have gotten rid of it regardless, but it was delivered the same day he married my mom. Well after she passed, I think the connection and what it meant to my dad strengthened. It sucks BAD that this project has taken so long. 4 years ago my daddy probably could have still gotten out and operated it as he wanted. Now, I'm not sure he would even try to do that, but it would definitely have to be on one of his better days if he did.

Really sad thought for me.......... I would LOVE to get him on it again no matter how little he could do. I would want to picture and video it.

I think I have said this before and if not, I definitely should have. You guys have stuck with me following this post for a very long time, offering advice, opinion, and actually much more motivation than you would expect. Otherwise, I may have never touched this project. I just hope I haven't made it worse, but if so there is no way to undo what has been done. I wish I was more knowledgeable and able, but maybe I will learn something as it goes.

Where I will need the most motivation I expect would be after I comfortable have everything back together and it shows absolutely no sign of trying to run. Keep me straight guys! Thank you and I'm sure a warm, unspoken "thanks" from my dad as well.

hosspuller

Rutwad .. You give "Labor of Love" a new meaning ...

Machines are really simple things. The right parts in the right order in the right place and it will work as it should. If your machine doesn't work on the first try, it just means you're not finished yet.
Time is the key. Sounds like, You need the machine to wait on your father, not the other way.

After 14 pages ...I'm betting on you :drinkup

lantraxco

You have what amounts to the largest tech support group in the world behind you, you have but to ask and someone here will have the answer for you, if not be on the road to lend a hand. :)

Tinkerer

Rutwad ; I am glad to hear your parts "arrived". Did you buy replacements or did the thief return them ? Is hiring a Case dealership mechanic an option at all ? After reading your last post, I really wish I could come to Alabama and help you.