• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Injection pump caterpillar ordering

rmllarue91

Occupation
field technician
35601888 3056e
List two different parts numbers
10r9696
10r9695
whats the difference and witch one should machine have not that it matters but I think this is the vp44 pump.

rmllarue91

Occupation
field technician
I answered my own question difference is the 10r9696 or 228-8953 is 12 volt my cat dealer couldn't tell me but eBay did lol hopefully this helps somebody else any ideas why they only last about a year for us ? We haven't had any fuel issues the pump just shuts engine off and gives 4 codes for internal pump bs

rmllarue91

Occupation
field technician
Soo I learned some stuff its a vp30 they are super sensitive to voltage spikes the amount of wire issues was surprising....
Before Changing this pump back probe the power and ground supply and watch for extended period of time. And triple check the vlpm( voltage load protection module ) for $150 should probably just change it. This one would supply correct power or ground sometimes both sometimes neither. Lots of ground and power supply problems up stream total pita. Will know in a few days for sure but seems like it is fixed.