• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Ingersoll Rand SD40 Roller

Rick Edmondson

Hello,

I am wondering if anyone out there has a service manual on an Ingersoll Rand SD40 Roller that can tell me what the relief settings are for the front and rear sections of the Main Hydraulic Pump? I am having no luck with a dealer providing me with this info.

Thank you,

Ben Witter

There is no such thing as a service manual for that machine. By main hyd. pump do you mean the propulsion pump, the vibration pump or steering pump?

Ben Witter

The pump is a Sauer M46 tandem. One section is fr the propel and the other is for the vibration. The gear pump is for steering and blade if you have one.
Reliefs should be
Charge- 230 psi
Vibration 2540 psi
Propel 5000 psi

What are the problems you are having?

Reactions: DB2

Rick Edmondson

Thank you for your help Ben. We had disassembled the pump, cleaned it, and replaced some internal parts. Just wanted to make sure to get it set correctly. The local dealer was not very helpful at getting back to me. I appreciate the info.

Tony Wells

Occupation
HogZilla Keeper
Hijack Alert!

I have one of these things that seems to be temperamental about moving. Cold it seems better, but after it warms up it will just sink into the ground if it's vibrating. It's a sheepsfoot. All I have is a parts book, so no troubleshooting help. There is a piece I can't quite figure the function of, and can't find it in the book. It's a "rubber duckie" like stick that the propulsion lever that is connected to the control cable rides on. It comes out of a small box that I suspect is a valve or switch of some sort. The lever from the control valve has more travel than whatever that other box evidently has, so if you push too far forward or reverse it flexes to allow overtravel. I suspect it may be a brake control possibly so that when you're stopped it triggers some other action, like to bypass the hydraulics or something. I wish I had at least a flow diagram. Maybe I could spot it and figure out what its function is.
Otherwise, any suggestions on what to check would be appreciated. First would be pressure, so that's the plan. The steering and vibration work fine, but they are on a separate pump it would seem.