• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Ingersoll Rand SD 70 Roller stops moving.

John Crowley

Ingersoll Rand SD 70 roller abruptly stops moving after approximately 10 minutes of use. Will not move forward or reverse. After approximately 30 minutes wait time roller works normal for the next 10 minutes. Hydraulic system including filters all check normal. Fluid temps are all normal. I appreciate any advice.

Vetech63

Ingersoll Rand SD 70 roller abruptly stops moving after approximately 10 minutes of use. Will not move forward or reverse. After approximately 30 minutes wait time roller works normal for the next 10 minutes. Hydraulic system including filters all check normal. Fluid temps are all normal. I appreciate any advice.
Next time it quits check the hydraulic tank and see if there are bubbles in the oil. Do the pumps make a squalling sound when it quits or while traveling? You may also check and see if the system has a suction strainer.

John Crowley

I will check for bubbles tomorrow. No squalling sound while traveling or otherwise. The stop is abrupt.

John Crowley

I ran it 25 minutes this morning after a 10 minute engine warn up. No squalling or bubbles. Good voltage to both brake and drive control coils after it stopped moving. Could not find a suction strainer but will check the parts book. Thanks

John Crowley

One step closer. Found yesterday that voltage is dropping off to zero at the drive control selonoid. Will check wires and grounds today.

Txhayseed

Rollers are weird like that. And electrical grimlins are common. Shaking itself to death 8 hours a day week in week out can lead to some chaffing issues and failures for sure. Rollers always suck to. Filled up with dirt in every nook and cranny can't reach anything can't see anything since they are always filthy or you got a eye full of dirt. Trying to reach in there and probe anything sucks. Even without the vibration on they still rattle like crazy and the seat switches. You can't even get your ass out of the seat to test anything with out it shutting off. Some brands you can't even get in there to jump the switch with out pulling the machine apart. Never understood that one. You can get out of a d10 with it running but some guy was rolling and packing so fast he hit a bump and got ejected into the next county and the roller went straight through a foster care puppy center ??? Anyway hope the wiring fix is an easy one.

John Crowley

You are exactly right. I found an emergency stop switch that was in poor shape with corrosion and dirt. The machine is operating much better but still occasionally loosing voltage at the drive control valve. It had more than one electrical problem. I am working my way through the schematic and hope to have it fixed soon.