1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Ingersoll-Rand SD-100F Pro-Pac

Discussion in 'Rollers' started by Tony Wells, May 22, 2020.

1. Tony Wells

Tony Wells Well-Known Member

HogZilla Keeper
    Hi Guys,
    Got a wee bit of a problem. A hacked up electrical system. Really need a schematic to sort it out in the time-frame I've been asked to do it in.

Here's the tag:
    IMG_1361.JPG

If anyone can help with a schematic, I'd sure appreciate it.

2. Ben Witter

Ben Witter Well-Known Member

Tony what is the complaint?

Tony Wells likes this.
  3. Tony Wells

HogZilla Keeper
    Mainly cannot activate the vibrator motor, but there are no safety devices in use. No seat belt switch, no "neutral start" switch (will crank and take off), no back up beeper, and who knows what else. Lots of loose, some hot, wires in the thankfully plastic console. Some of the instruments have been replaced with aftermarket/generic gauges which probably caused some rewiring that left unused wires loose. The control for the vibrator speed is incorrect. The pot that sweeps the speed has both outer ends tied together so that the wiper can only read a single value. It's the 1k pot under the main knob. Judging by the soldering job, obviously not factory. At least the majority of the wire markers are still there, except for the added wires spliced in. Color and wire gauge changes at splice points. Key switch subbed in rather than push-button.

The machine will start and run normally, so no engine related problems, but not so sure about the pump/vibe motor circuit. Solenoid clicks with power applied, but don't know if it is actually opening. Have a flow meter on order but it will be slow getting here. At this point, can't get it to vibrate, but it could be the amplitude/frequency controls for all I know.

4. murfdog

murfdog Active Member

I had the same problem with my sd25 and finally found that there was a rub short in the wiring from the vibrate/ forward reverse console

5. Tony Wells

HogZilla Keeper
    murfdog, presently, I have that console all opened up and spread out. I found no accidental damage anywhere, just butchery. I've got the schematic now, so it's game on trying to put back what I can with what's left of the controls. If I can just get everyone to leave me alone with it, I can get it functional, provided there isn't a mechanical problem with the pump or vibe motor. As always, time is not on my side. The machine, actually one of two (other one is a Hamm, German mfg packer) that is in about the same shape electrically, but AFAIK, it doesn't have hydraulic problems. The turbo was ready to explode, and pumping about a pint a minute out the exhaust. New turbo arrived yesterday but wrong gasket and stud kit. The dash is all apart, so it might have some electrical issues but I haven't looked it yet. Someone else is on that one. Maybe we can get one out of two rushed out.

Anyone see anything wrong with this pic?
    IMG_1363.JPG

6. Tony Wells

HogZilla Keeper
    Apparently the schematic I have (in the op/maint manual) is incorrect for this serial number. It states that it starts at a sn significantly than my machine. They made quite a few changes so this schematic is pretty much useless. Oh well....on with the hunt.