• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Info on komatsu pc75UU-2

Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
going to look at a pc75uu-2 Saturday has 4000 hrs overall looks like a machine that’s been taken care of. 24 v system all pins and bushings look tight in the videos he’s sent me. Was wondering if accessories are able to be put on that machine such as a quick hydraulic coupler and a hydraulic thumb. And other things I need to look for any help would be appreciated

Batkom

There are more experienced people on here- but I will leave my 2 cents worth!
I added a AMULET quick connect on mine-this is a manual unit, but works well.
You can add a thumb easily by using a solenoid activated valve to use the side boom shift function for the thumb.
There is also an extra spool valve location on the rear valve bank - but getting a spool and the rest of what’s needed to make it pilot controlled will be expensive and a bit more complex. This location from the factory would normally be used to run thumbs or hammers using another pilot valve on the floor on the left side of the cab.
Surprisingly so far I have been able to get all the parts I needed from Komstsu, just pricey and not always in stock. Also found a few other places like AMS that have some parts for it.
Mine was a bit rough when I got it, but it is a really nice running machine now.
Good luck!

Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
This is the machine looks in good condition. I also thought about putting valves on the z boom to where I can run a thumb off of the same foot pedal just turn 2 valves off and 2 valves on when you want to switch between the boom function and the thumb? Would that work ?

Attachments

• E69C2036-7798-48FC-878F-AECD9857E0B9.jpeg
    E69C2036-7798-48FC-878F-AECD9857E0B9.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 30
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
There are more experienced people on here- but I will leave my 2 cents worth!
I added a AMULET quick connect on mine-this is a manual unit, but works well.
You can add a thumb easily by using a solenoid activated valve to use the side boom shift function for the thumb.
There is also an extra spool valve location on the rear valve bank - but getting a spool and the rest of what’s needed to make it pilot controlled will be expensive and a bit more complex. This location from the factory would normally be used to run thumbs or hammers using another pilot valve on the floor on the left side of the cab.
Surprisingly so far I have been able to get all the parts I needed from Komstsu, just pricey and not always in stock. Also found a few other places like AMS that have some parts for it.
Mine was a bit rough when I got it, but it is a really nice running machine now.
Good luck!

Also can you tell me where you got your coupler from? Thank you! I appreciate it

Batkom

You can do manual valves, but the solenoid splitter/diversion valve is clean from the cab way that’s pretty simple to install.
The quick change- Look up Amulet MFG - they are in north Idaho.
I will find a link to the valve I used

Batkom

ABD94810-F90A-458E-AC3B-04EE41ED3B21.png

Attachments

• 0C288A63-A11C-407B-BAC7-CA2CBDE6A8F0.png
    0C288A63-A11C-407B-BAC7-CA2CBDE6A8F0.png
    226 KB · Views: 8

Batkom

Mount the selector valve in the hydraulic valve area, decide where to power it from, then on to a switch in the cab.
You will have to have some new hoses made, and of course hoses for the thumb.

Batkom

You can look here at some of what I have done to mine to make it suit my uses for it.
Although not as fast as new machines I have found it smooth and of the three minis I have had I enjoy running this one the most due to its smooth operation

Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
You can look here at some of what I have done to mine to make it suit my uses for it.
Although not as fast as new machines I have found it smooth and of the three minis I have had I enjoy running this one the most due to its smooth operation
Do you happen to know where the valve is to change the controls?

Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
Do you happen to know where the valve is to change the controls?
And thank you for all the advice and the guidance. I just brought the machine home tonight after a 14 hour day of gong to get it and coming home. It is currently on Deere controls I run cat. It has a sticker showing iso and bhl but I cannot for the life of me find the valve

JBGASH

Occupation
Plumbing & Excavation Contractor / farmer
And thank you for all the advice and the guidance. I just brought the machine home tonight after a 14 hour day of gong to get it and coming home. It is currently on Deere controls I run cat. It has a sticker showing iso and bhl but I cannot for the life of me find the valve
I have a PC75-UU-2 and it does not have a quick change pattern valve. We changed the pilot hoses.

Batkom

I am guessing you are asking about the operation pattern?
On mine there was no valve for control change.
However someone had tried to change it to a different pattern.
I changed it back to CAT pattern - the pattern shown on the window stickers.
I did this by swapping the pilot control hoses at the joysticks pilot valve - it’s a valve body that sits right under the joysticks
Hope this helps

Batkom

Whoops
I see this was replied to!
It’s quite easy to swap the hoses at the joysticks- but a bit of a pain to get to them.
Been long enough now, I don’t remember exactly how I did it.
Seems like maybe I pulled the rubber boot up, then took the joystic handle
Off.
But the hoses come up from the bottom, so maybe have to take the plastic shroud off or at least take the bolts out to get to the hose fittings

Batkom

There are 4 hoses on each joystick valve body.
Once you look at it you will understand which ones you need to swap

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
If the machine has the sticker it likely has the pattern changer valve. As I recall they were either under the cab or behind it. There should be some small doors where you can look inside of for a lever. If not there will be a manifold block behind the cab somewhere. You can follow the small pilot hoses from the main control valve back to the manifold. The hoses normally lousy quick couplers on them for swapping things around.

JBGASH

Occupation
Plumbing & Excavation Contractor / farmer
I have a PC75-UU-2 and it does not have a quick change pattern valve. We changed the pilot hoses.
Ben Uffex, a forum member here, emailed instructions on the procedure that were very easy to understand. You should be able to pull it up if you search PC75-UU-2 on this forum.