• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Incompetent dealers

southernman13

Occupation
Retired
OMG our 95-2S has AC issues. Imagine that. I told them when I dropped it off over a month ago the evaporator behind the seat is clogged. There is no air flow. They repaired the switch that was already stuck on high And blew out the evaporator with an air gun. He said it was blowing cold. I said it was already blowing cold but it won’t blow out a match. He called said it’s ready. Bullfnshit. I went got in it and started it up. Won’t blow out a match. Orng I wanna kill a mofo. They said it barley blows air no ****. We’ll pull the evaporator core out and clean it. Wtf. I’m just over it

Vetech63

OMG our 95-2S has AC issues. Imagine that. I told them when I dropped it off over a month ago the evaporator behind the seat is clogged. There is no air flow. They repaired the switch that was already stuck on high And blew out the evaporator with an air gun. He said it was blowing cold. I said it was already blowing cold but it won’t blow out a match. He called said it’s ready. Bullfnshit. I went got in it and started it up. Won’t blow out a match. Orng I wanna kill a mofo. They said it barley blows air no ****. We’ll pull the evaporator core out and clean it. Wtf. I’m just over it
I usually name the dealer in these cases.

Vetech63

By the way.......what did it cost you to have the dumbest mofo on the planet fix your a/c?

Last edited:

southernman13

Occupation
Retired
Well good thing is the Kubota insurance is paying. So 250.00 but we’ll see now that they’re pulling the evaporator. I’m not paying they can kiss my azzz. They have cost me over a month of work. Idk. Just really over it

Vetech63

So 250.00 but we’ll see now that they’re pulling the evaporator.
Well, I hate to tell you this but.....if the evaporator core is plugged with debris, and it got past the filter...they are going to tell you that's not covered. They will say you didn't change the filter often enough. You may need to prove the filtering system is faulty in some way. I hope you have a record of the filter changes to help you.

southernman13

Occupation
Retired
It’s been established that the cab seal was punctured and therefore dust and water was getting in the cab. They didn’t mention the insurance but I’m going to tomorrow before they start. They have t fixed the issue yet so somewhere along the line they have responsibility for something idk

heymccall

No matter how religious you are at keeping the filters clean, the unit will still draw dust around the rear panel trim. It is a design flaw, and, a frustrating one at that. There are quite a few threads on here discussing it. The SVL75 series is the same HVAC unit.
Cleaning the core, or even replacing it, will NOT stop it from happening again.

southernman13

Occupation
Retired
Yeah I know. It’s an ongoing battle. It’s just a shame to pay that much money for something and have to battle with the AC system. It seems they would have done something different on the new 97-2’s. But I don’t think anything has changed. I mean other that it being able to start and run what could be anymore important than having an AC system that performs as it should. I’m not sure any of the manufacturers have a machine that’s worth it’s salt. I’ve heard the cat has a good AC system idk. They all have issues I reckon

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
That reminds me of the good old "African air-conditioning" from way back - take all the windows out.

Ha! There was an old school dirt contractor here in the 'Ham when the first A/C cab'd excavators came out he bought a couple of brand new hoes and cut the belts to the condenser, then stated "I'm not paying them to sit in the A/C all day". Different times no doubt.

Back in the mid 2000's we were rolling and going with 10-12 machines with 15+ operators whom some liked to run with the A/C on and the doors open which caused the normal issues with A/C filters and the like.

I pulled them all together and asked a simple question - Do you like A/C cabs? All in unison replied YES! Well then we're either going to run with the doors closed keeping the dust and dirt out or we're removing all the glass and cutting the A/C belt. Amazing how those doors became closed.;)

Trashman

Occupation
Garboligist
I had a dealer pull similar bs with a radiator core. The engine was overheating. They cleaned the core and said that I needed to wash the radiator core out with water and they would not cover it under warranty. We did that over and over....still the engine overheated. They came back for another service call and stated that we should be blowing the radiator core out with compressed air and that they would not cover the overheating because we were washing the radiator out with water. I have never wanted to shove a dozer up a dealers backside more in my life. ‍♂️‍♂️‍♂️ OBTW...I had our mechanic change out the thermostat...problem solved. Needless to say, my next dozer was a different brand.

apetad

Occupation
Compact Construction Equipment Sales
I had a dealer pull similar bs with a radiator core. The engine was overheating. They cleaned the core and said that I needed to wash the radiator core out with water and they would not cover it under warranty. We did that over and over....still the engine overheated. They came back for another service call and stated that we should be blowing the radiator core out with compressed air and that they would not cover the overheating because we were washing the radiator out with water. I have never wanted to shove a dozer up a dealers backside more in my life. ‍♂️‍♂️‍♂️ OBTW...I had our mechanic change out the thermostat...problem solved. Needless to say, my next dozer was a different brand.
WE ACTUALLY had a buddy that received a brand new machine with the radiator clogged with something, new from the factory, flowed about 5% of what it should, returned radiator to manufacturer, wouldn't let him cut it open to determine what was inside it!