• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

In the chatroom

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
There have been a couple of inquiries recently about the chatroom. I think it's an under-used feature of the forum.

I'm posting this thread, and I'll make it a sticky, so that it stays at the top of this section.

If you would like to get together and chat, post here, something to the effect of, "I'm in the chatroom now." Then hang around and see if anyone shows up. Any time somebody posts to this thread, other members will be able to see how recently somebody has gone to the chatroom, and if they like, they can go and join the discussion, or if nobody is still there, post here again and see if anyone else joins in.

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
Iam In right now ..

You must be hiding in the cupboard then, I didnt see you :D

Quite a fright actually I got all sorts of warnings and bits blocked that I had to allow, firewall and all that geeky stuff that duck drivers dont know didlly squat about.

Is that normal ?

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
You must be hiding in the cupboard then, I didnt see you

Actually, Ross and I had quite a nice chat until I had to run off and take care of other business.

Quite a fright actually I got all sorts of warnings and bits blocked that I had to allow, firewall and all that geeky stuff that duck drivers dont know didlly squat about.

You mean like this? I get it every time I go there, so I just click on yes, and it works fine. It says in the fine print at the bottom, "Only run if you trust the source."

You trust us, Rob, don't you? :cool2

Attachments

• HEFChat.jpg
    HEFChat.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 501

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
You mean like this? .........It says in the fine print at the bottom, "Only run if you trust the source."

I thought I was going into a chatroom, I didnt know I would have to take me glasses to read the small print :D

Course I trust you,.......... you told me you was a doctor,.................. was you wasnt it?

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
Course I trust you,.......... you told me you was a doctor,.................. was you wasnt it?

No.

When the doctor told you to ignore the voices in your head, I was the voice that told you to ignore the doctor.... :yup

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
Did you charge Rob a consultation fee for the advice?

Yes! 2 HEF T shirts,................... I'm sure he said he was a doctor,.......... I just forget what of............. something about having a BS I think :beatsme

OCR

Occupation
Rancher/Farmer, Wildland Fire Fighter, State snowp
In the chatroom:

When the doctor told you to ignore the voices in your head, I was the voice that told you to ignore the doctor....
Well, it didn't work, clever idea though... I still need a doctor, at least, according to what I'm hearing... I think... :confused:

Where am I??????

OCR

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
I just got a PM from a member who says he gets into the room, but gets a message that says "eronious nickname". Anybody else having the same problem?

RonG

Charter Member
Occupation
heavy equipment operator
I got my camera working but I might need a head start:).Ron G

Ross

Had a good chat with Digger ... Seems like a Nice Fella ... Interesting talking direct To members and Staff. Great!

Anyhow, I get straight in the chat room no problem. No error or anything? Remember you can still surf the Net and HEF while using the chat function.

Iam off out now but will be back later on this evening and will hovering around here.

Ross

In the Chat now ... Have a spare Hour to Burn if anyone wants to natter about equipment or Just random stuff ... Iam easy!