1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

In my experience…

Discussion in 'General Industry Questions' started by ahart, Jan 22, 2022.

1. JD955SC

JD955SC Senior Member

I’m seeing more and more parts who’s only availability is far outside the US, and I’m talking simple stuff like seals or similar. And often when you order it you find out they don’t actually have it on hand they are waiting on the next batch from the manufacturer and will ship it in two months when that batch finally arrives.

Nige likes this.
  2. ahart

ahart Well-Known Member

Yes, it is very hard to get used to as when I started out at the coal mine, we had enough parts on hand to build a D11R from scratch and now you can’t spin an oil filter off before checking to see if you can get one to replace it.

CM1995 and Nige like this.
  3. ahart

ahart Well-Known Member

A little road side service this morning. I personally have never came across a wheel doing this though I’m sure it’s something that happens from time to time. 476EC643-A1B5-4B59-9A37-291B4C21FF9E.jpeg

John C., digger doug and oarwhat like this.
  4. ahart

ahart Well-Known Member

Another first, had a manifold off of a C15 in a 374D extracting broken exhaust studs and found this on the inlet of the turbo. Inner housing broke loose from the outer housing. 84557C4F-BDC4-46D2-859F-9A919290B806.jpeg

John C. likes this.
  5. digger doug

digger doug Senior Member

Thrash-A-Matic designer
    Looks like questionable steel recipe.
    Wheels take much fatigue as they rotate, looks like it cracked from poor steel. Either it was brittle in itself, or it affected the welding.

6. CM1995

CM1995 Administrator

Running what I brung and taking what I win
    No doubt. Had a rubber hose on the intercooler of our 325FL split. There were two available in the Cat system - one in Germany and one in China...

Salesman went to another dealer branch and they took one off a new machine so we could keep working. Did the same thing when the 3rd valve went out on the same machine as well, probably took it off the same new machine.