• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Importing SSL to Australia

J-Clip

Importing Skid-Steer from USA - Australia

I am planning on making the trip over to the USA to buy myself a skid-steer. I would like to buy a CAT 247B or Bobcat T190.
I would like to put the call out to anyone else chasing the same thing…. It will be better to fill the container rather than only bring back one machine in a 20 foot container.
I will do as much, or as little as you like. I am willing to inspect the machine for you, transport it to the shipping port, personally wash the machine IAW with Australian Customs regulations, pack and strap the machine into a container, deliver into Australia, clear customs, transport it to your location. Or as an alternative, I will do nothing except provide space in my container for your machine (I will be inspecting the machines cleanliness and will not allow a dirty machine to travel in my container as it will impact on getting my machine into the country).
I’m a heavy diesel mechanic and have worked on heavy plant (normally a LOT bigger than a skidsteer) for many years, and will inspect the machine as thoroughly as possible to minimise the risk of you getting a lemon. I am not a salesman and I have no affiliation with any supplier over in the US.
The ideal number is four machines as I think we could fit 4 into a 40 footer if packed creatively. Of course, if we get more than that I will look at it at the time. I have no problems bringing in 2 containers, who knows, I might get mine back for nothing…
I plan on heading state-side in mid-2014, so I am putting the feelers out early. If you think you might be interested, please drop me a line.
Thanks,
Joey Curnow.
Joseph.curnow@live.com.au

NCPIPELINE

Occupation
The Fixer
On the state side, I have a very good relationship to both our CAT & Bobcat dealers here in Raleigh, NC. If you would like help with arranging anything on this end feel free to drop me a line. jason.cooper@pipelinenc.net

Gavin84w

Why not buy one in Australia, no one will honour any wty or goodwill on a machine you import yourself.

Digdeep

My question too? One sizable failure without a dealer willing to back you up will wipe out any savings you may make.

When people take shortcuts they sometimes get cut short. Good luck.