• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Importing Construction Equipment from Canada - Fees

clansing1

Besides the conversation rate of US to Canadian dollars, does anyone know the cost associated with importing a piece of construction equipment from Canada? Thanks in advance.

lantraxco

Would depend somewhat on the particular piece of machinery, it's exact designation under the "Harmonized Tariff Schedule of the United States" and it's country of origin. If it were made here in the US, I would think nothing other than the usual brokerage costs and filing charges. HOWEVER! Be very careful about EPA emissions regulations! If it's newer than 1995 you will have to make sure it has a proper EPA label on the engine proving it adheres to the correct EPA emissions Tier in effect at the time of manufacture. Shoot us some more information, if you like I can ask my brokers about it.

Cheers,
Lanway