• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

import from canada

clintm

Occupation
trucking,concrete recycling,grading, demolition
I know it's been asked before. looking at some equipment from rb auction in canada to import to usa for use in my business (not for sale). what kinda of headaches am I asking for it's a 2008 machine around $100,000. purchase price weighs about #80,pds about how much time and money to import it.

lantraxco

Short answer: if it was made in the USA and still has the EPA sticky on the engine that says it meets 2008 standards, you're golden. If it came from anywhere else, I would need to know exactly what it is to give you a best guess on duty, and no matter where it was built if the engine does not meet the 2008 EPA regs, forget it.

Feel free to PM me if you don't want to post details, or you can email me at: info@lantraxco.com That's a lower case L, Lantraxco.

Typically it cost five to six hundred dollars for my brokers to handle all the filings and fees, exclusive of import duties, for every shipment that crosses a border, be it from Canada or overseas, just FYI. YMMV.

digger doug

Occupation
Thrash-A-Matic designer
I bought a case 1470 from Puslinch Ontario, a tractor saleslot dealing with americans every day (back when our dollar
was running strong, they advertised heavily down here)

They also have a trucking division, and they handled all the paperwork.
http://www.bryansfarm.com/trucking/

clintm

Occupation
trucking,concrete recycling,grading, demolition
got it bought extec S5 screen plant now for the trucking