• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

implements trencher and fail mower for mini excavator anyone have any experience?

707pc50

I am interested in picking up a newer 8000lb ish excavator, and looking for input from anyone who has experience running a trencher or a flail mower on a machine of this size. Curious how they work out.

Ive never used either. Are the trenchers worth while or are I better off with a trenching bucket and just digging the old fashion way?

what about the flail mower, the videos online of them grinding trees up to 4+" diameter are very cool, will a 8000b machine give me decent results?

Are certain machines better then others for these attachments? higher flow I guess..

thanks

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
I have a Rockhound 30HD on a Taki TB153FR and I like it. Flow and psi are what make them productive, the more of both the better.

toomuchtime

I second that get the most HP and PSI you can afford for the mower. I run a 30EXHD on a 305.5 and it does great. Not sure I would want it on a smaller machine. 305.55.jpg

SWE

Morning All. I have a Bobcat 331 and am looking at purchasing a flail mower. Lipa LBTE 90 seems best bang for the buck. Also looking at the FAE PML/HY 90, ShearForce FM 800, and the Bobcat unit. I would appreciate any comments. Particularly as to the workability of the Bobcat 331 when running a flail mower. Doesn't work to well if you can't move the mower while mowing. The 331 list aux flow of 19.4 gpm (60.0 LPM)

thanks