• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Impact's "Things Done at Work"

Impact

Occupation
Owner
I am terrible about getting photos but I did manage to get some today. We have three cranes running today, a Sunday. We're changing out head bearings on this elevator for Bunge. IMG_0373.jpg IMG_0374.jpg

Impact

Occupation
Owner
First time we've installed the jib. This unit only has a 10K winch pull. Boom was good for 14,000# if we shortened up a couple sections to 92%. I didn't check to see if we could in fact double part the line off this jib. We'll check that out next time the boom is laid down.

Natman

Out of fuel, (?, don't know) doesn't matter much how many engines! Running out of fuel in a perfectly good aircraft if still way up there in accident causes.

Impact

Occupation
Owner
If I understand it correctly, most twins are going down if one engine quits, but with a much better glide rate than a single engine. I like the idea of a twin, but doubt I ever fly one. Twins are very hard to fly on one engine also.

dirty4fun

I have flown a few twins, and a good pilot will loose some altitude, when you loose an engine, but the airplane can fly on. Probably won't be able to gain any altitude. It is very tiring holding so much pressure on the one rudder pedal. But doable and can land, but you only get one chance.

Impact

Occupation
Owner
900# lift on a Saturday. 195’ radius. 181’ of main, 72’ jib offset 21 degrees. 100,000# of C/W First time I run the 190 in a while. Made me nervous as I extended the boom straight up at 78 degrees. I can barely see that far.