• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

I'm Old and retired!

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
But I ain't dead yet. Decided to put some old Questionable skills to work on a imbibing station for my Off Hours(Almost All day every day!) Came up with this as a start. Sometimes old skills and a vivid imagination can be a bad combination.

IMG_3426a.jpg IMG_3471a.jpg IMG_3508a.jpg

td25c

That turned out really nice !

Looks like it's all well mounted to the wall studs . Is that a position for a sink or small refrigerator to the left of the vent ?

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Is for a sink, HAHA, Pizza Oven!!!

Is 5/16x3" lag bolted into the studs so should be there awhile. Will be getting cabinet doors and drawers with that air return vent inside a false cabinet, just did not want it all open and staring at me all the time, UGLY. Just do not Zoom in on the welding, I am still a practicing mechanic/welder/machinist!! Not fully acquired skills just get by! Also used a .030 wire 210 Miller MIG and on 11Ga is a little hefty, kind of like dipping coat hanger into flux and using for stick welding sheet metal!! Flap wheel got a little aggressive in spots but I am also blind in one eye can't see out the other as well MAY have been doing some sampling taste testing to make certain the goods were still good while doing this!!

Have a TON of left over White Ash flooring leftovers, looks as they may get repurposed to the countertop and using knotty white pine for shelf lumber with a Urethane finish no stains as I be of simple values.

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic
That shelf was overflowing....the fact that it's not now might be the reason some of the welds are sketchy....haha

Luv ya Miller!

Volvomad

Nice to see u getting your priorities right now that you are in your prime . Making my mouth water as I type .

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
You will be happy to know I have what is supposed to be one of Ireland's finest, yet unopened Redbreast Irish Whiskey 15 yr as well a bottle of Quiet Man 8 yr bought on a whim.

I am a Common Sewer as to whiskey/whisky, it ALL tastes pretty damn good and I have no issue with a good single malt blended Scotch or switching to a dependable single barrel US Bourbon, even have a bottle of Absinth although is actually from a MO still.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
IMG_3510[1].jpg IMG_3512[1].jpg IMG_3513[1].jpg IMG_3514[1].jpg
I play no favorites, I do have a significant supply and do have spares to the harder to find!
We have a local distiller at New Haven MO, Pinckney Bend Distilling, very class act, delivers one of the finest short aged easy to sip at whisky's and gin, I am a devout follower. Still love the good Bourbons.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
The smallish bottle to the right of My Scotch and Irish whiskeys is a sneaky little b*****d, Grappa. Made at a local winery, about half that bottle will set you in a chair unable to get out!!

Volvomad

There is only 1 thing to do with a sealed bottle of whiskey . When you solve that little problem, enjoy a glass for me .

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Latest installment, I know you are all awaiting with baited breath!!! LOL!
The actual bar support, have a slab of Sugar Maple going to start that process next to set upon this frame. Got it square as I could with a hand square and spot welds(still pulled off true, SHYT!) got it painted up and was letting it cure but couldn't take it so hung it! Outer leg has two 1/2" bolt feet for some added stability, have a angle bracket to drill and set at the corner of the short shelves to the frame lower crossbar.
The stemware glass rack I made two weeks ago, works pretty slick.

IMG_3784.JPG IMG_3794.JPG IMG_3796.JPG

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
A single treasured memento from my Father In Law, prominently displayed on the bar,

IMG_3797.JPG

It aint a going nowhere else!