1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Ihi 35j

Discussion in 'Compact Excavators' started by jayjay363, Apr 23, 2016.

1. jayjay363

jayjay363 Member

Hey guys, just picked up a '00 IHI 35J, she's got about 4,000hrs on the clock but seems to run quite well. What I'm asking about is the parts situation, and the reviews of the machine itself. I pick this one up the end of next week, and with a few quirks that need to be worked out, it seems to be a pretty good deal for $12K. The parts that I need are a main boom pin, possibly bushings, and bucket pin and bushings. Are these a part that are readily available, or is some searching going to have to be done? Also does IHI use a brand hydraulic pump commonly found over here in the states? thanks for your help guys!

2. lantraxco

lantraxco Senior Member

3. jayjay363

jayjay363 Member

awesome thanks! have you have any seat time in one of their machines? they seem like pretty solid units.

4. lantraxco

lantraxco Senior Member

Been a few years but yes, IHI makes excellent quality machines in my opinion. Ran a couple, worked on a few. Repairs were mostly wear like yours, one grey market machine with boocoo hours needed a rotating group in the swing motor, but we were able to get the parts in a couple days.

5. JD8875

JD8875 Senior Member

I've had a 2003 30NX for five years now. It's been a great machine. I put glow plugs in it last winter but that's the only issue I've had. With a little research I got them from a local auto parts store. I gave $10,000 for mine with 1200ish hours on it. It's made me a pile of money and I'd certainly buy another IHI.

John

6. maddog

maddog Senior Member

owned one a couple years back, wish I didn't have to let it go, great machine. Some parts will swap with other brands you'll just have to research them. As Lantraxco suggested check with those folks they are very helpful.

7. jayjay363

jayjay363 Member

I ended up buying a 2004 IHI 28N with 2700 hours. It was $1K more than the 35J but in much much better operating condition

Attached Files:

8. maddog

maddog Senior Member

keep it greased and stay up with maintenance, it'll give you lots in return.

9. KSSS

KSSS Senior Member

excavation
    My first mini ex was a 35J. Bought it for 16K with 1500 hours and traded with about 4000 hours and got 12K out of it. That machine was nothing but money. I would own another IHI in a heart beat, the only reason I don't is because without a dealer close by it is hard to trade. The guys in Etown, Ky did a great job of supporting me. Excellently run organization.

10. earthscratcher

earthscratcher Senior Member

excavating contractor
    i have a 35 also really like there engines,made lots of money with it, no down time, parts are available but on the high side,but probably will not need much,good simple rig.

KSSS your P.M.box is full

11. KSSS

KSSS Senior Member

excavation
    I cleaned it out, let me know if there is still a problem.

12. MrFuso

MrFuso Active Member

Network Engineer
    I too agree that IHI makes an excellent machine. I wanted to get a 35NX but found a pretty decent deal on a Kubota U35 so I went for it. The people in Etown are great. If you ever need anything from them, ask for Bart. He seems to know a LOT and can get you in the proper direction!